The Dark Knight Rises - Spoiler Thread (first post isn't a spoiler though)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

The hard truth.

Batman > Everyone

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Batman took out every member of the justice league in The Justice League: Doom.

The only character better than Batman...
    is Deadpool.

[​IMG]

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yea, Deadpool is pretty much immortal lol.

Can't kill that guy.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Dark Knight Rises book that is coming out deals with the Joker in a paragraph.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

That is just disrespectful to Luke Skywalker

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I thought the movie was done really well. Nolan seemed to take a ton of stuff from "Knight Fall" and especially "The Dark Knight Returns". The latter is more of a 'What if book' and that is fine and all but I do like my movies closer to the actual comics.

The problem with the plot, I feel, was that Batman legacy didn't feel fleshed out enough. I mean we have known Batman to fight crime for decades, take down dozens of villains, and have tons of elaborate story lines. But with Nolan, Batman is doing his Batman stuff for like a total of...2 maybe 3 years and that's it. BB and DKR happen within months of each other. Then he's retired. Then back for like half a dozen months and that's it.

Then the pacing is another gripe. It's bad enough I feel like I'm watching a 60 year old batman try to put on the cape and cowl one last time (making batman feel less badass), I have to watch him go from broken to healed TWICE in one movie. It felt very repetitive. I feel like Baine could of been introduced as the reason Batman is retired and then we watch him build back up ONCE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

OH! And did anyone notice that the little boy that stole the apple (the one that Catwoman saves from the two guys toward the end of the movie) could of been Jason Todd?

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Who's face would melt if this was the next Batman film. Starring JGL and have old man Bruce mentor him. Batman Beyond the movie

I'd buy tickets today. uploadfromtaptalk1343425249297.jpg

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That would be awesome, too bad it won't happen.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I hope when they do reboot Batman they don't start out with the original beginning again. Maybe start with The Batman Returns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar