The forward pass

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

we're not making RM18 a real nickname are we?

2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Regardless of rather it's a fumble or not, the score should have been negated and ball placed at the 41, worst case.

[​IMG]

After the ball was recovered, #91, #50, and 2 coaches walked on to the field. This gave the Dolphins 13 players and 15 total people on the field. This would negate anything that happens after it, spot the ball at the 41 and enforce the penalty, 1st and 10 at where ever the penalty would have placed them (at least at the Titans 46).

The fact is that Mularkey's incompetence is surpassed only by the incompetence of these officials.

My question is this:
    After every dropped pass and fumble after the runner is down, a defender always gets up and runs the ball 45 yards down field and prays the ref will call it a fumble. As fans, we all roll our eyes at how stupid they look and wish they would stop doing this ... I even support a rule change to make this a defensive Delay of Game penalty, just to get it to stop so that we can speed the game up and move on to the next play.

After this play, though, it will encourage it to happen even more, and how can the offense not react to it, now? So, are they going to put 15 yard penalties on Lewan and company when they start laying the wood on these guys, rather than rolling their eyes and letting them burn themselves out on a play that obviously isn't a fumble?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Longest forward fumble in the history of the NFL.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

who cares...

can he block downfield when he is not hiding?

that is all that matters

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

False. The holy roller is longer. Even made the rule change because of it. Although longest airborne fumble (forward or backward) may be accurate.

6. Deuce Wayne

Holy roller was only 14 yards (i think?).

And it was bobbled around. This wasnt.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I guess it was sort of 2 different 12 yard fumbles. Stabler "fumbled" it to the 12 from the 24, then the next guy kind of picked it up and chucked it to the end zone where Casper recovered it maybe 2-3 yards in. Total 24 yards.

Either way, I did get the point. It was a BS call to begin with. If Cassel didn't "throw the ball" the ball wouldn't have gone in the direction it did.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It was a horrible call (both were). And because we were on the receiving end, it does call into question the integrity of the game. The Lions have been victimized more often and worse especially on end of the game calls.

These calls were early in the game. A LOT of bad football was played by the Titans after these occurred. Good teams overcome bad calls. Mularkey is complaining about it which is very disappointing. He's been in the league long enough to understand this.

The "bad call" issue is just smoke to distract from the underlying dumpster fire. The Titans are a poorly coached team running an antiquated scheme that is easily figured out. And Mularkey is a really poor HC whose W-L record accurately reflects his abilities.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/MulaMi0.htm

29 49 .372

quite on the Bills and I only hope he does the same in Tennessee

monday we get to watch he 50th L... live!

10. Deuce Wayne

Eh. I dislike this cliche' "good teams overcome bad calls" nonsense.

Good teams overcome a 14 pt swing with a backup QB away?

Not many.

The complaints are valid.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar