The Inspirational Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Get any pictures? That is pretty cool.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The wife has one on her phone - I'll see if I can get it later today

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they are basically the avian equilivent to rats, but still dont want them mowed down in traffic

I occasionally stop and help animals as well. Not always cause it aint always safe, but whenever I can I will. I have assisted turtles in border crossings and many times put on the blinkers while dogs make it back to their neighborhoods. There are not sidewalks or shoulders where I live so if Skipper gets loose then I have no problem at least getting them safely off the main road.

And believe it or not I will stop for actual people as well. Stopped the other day for some old dude on Bill France, which is in the dead center of nowhere. He was out of gas. It was early in the morning so I went home and got my lawnmower gas for him. Wound up it was not enough cause his modern car apparently needed more to register. By that time the gas stations were open so I went filled up my lawnmower gas container for him. All told I drove around for 30 miles and spent an hour helping this guy get moving again. Of course this was at the end of a 12 hour shift and I had to be back at work in 10 hours by the time it was all over. Dude tried to give me $30 but I gave him the #20 back as the $10 paid for the gas I gave him and burned helping him out. I would have only took $5 if that was an option. If he did not shove it in my hand I would not have even asked.

anyways good for you CC

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. The Hammer

I thought that was pigeons ;)

I know what you mean though. Annoying birds and can be nasty too. But we are not TWW2 and do not want to see needless suffering of animals.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah around here some dont even migrate they just hang out crapping all over the place anywhere there is a pond. For whatever reason I have not seen/heard of them at the lakes.

6. The Hammer

Some winters here some do not migrate either. This past winter though was the coldest on record so they all left. Have only started to come back recently.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think that 'distinction' still applies more to city pigeons. In this area I don't see the overpopulation of nuisance CGs. The complaints about them are wildly exacerbated IMO.
    Same folks that complain about them are typically the same people who pump kegs of Roundup into the local waterways (golf courses). Shoot them before shooting nuisance geese!

I help turtles all the time as well! I've picked em up and driven them to the water on many occasions.. It's about that time of year..

Good job helping out the folks!

8. The Hammer

We get those snapping turtles on the side of the road for a few days each year. In the swampy areas. They are laying eggs. Bury them on the side of the road. Skunks and Raccoons dig a lot of the eggs up and eat them. Have not seen too many turtles on the actual road though.

Geese can get bad in some of the larger city parks here. Though just a minor annoyance. Plus a lot of people have fun feeding them:

9. The Hammer

This just came up on my news feed:

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcom...keeps-geese-from-pooping-on-ottawa-beach.html

'Goosebuster' drone keeps geese from pooping on Ottawa beach

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is not just a case of convenience. There is a health issue also.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I'm so happy other people do this. I'm 100% compelled to pull over and save a turtle that is trying to cross a road. It's like ocd. And there are some stray/abandoned dogs in Metro Center that hang out near Wendys, so when I see them out there I buy'em some chicken nuggets and 99 cent double cheeseburgers.

Then I pull out and refuse to make eye contact with the human beings selling homeless newspapers.

:headbang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar