The Lendale/Vickerson Trade Moved Us Up For Who?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

With Finny guarding the #1 reciever...I feel confident with our other corner (Verner or McCourty...my vote goes for Verner) covering the #2 reciever. They're athletic, they didn't seem out of position and we weren't even gameplanning for their offense.

They're a nice upgrade over last year.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

One meaningless preseason game wont make or break us at CB. But I did see enough from Simms to know he still sucks. The Seahawks couldn't even evaluate their players because of how lousy Simms played. I hope Verner isn't working vs. Simms right now, or he's setting himself up for disappointment come real game time.

3. JCBRAVE

So will this end up being; [CB1]Cortland, [CB2] McCourty/Verner, [Nickle] Fuller, [CB3/4]Verner/McCourty, [CB5] Hill/Mouton?

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Exactly the way I see it which is why Mouton could easily be at best our #5 CB so no reason to get all bent out of shape over his performance. If finny can't go again this week I'd like to see how Verner and McCourty handle the starting role.

5. JCBRAVE

Can we trade Mouton and Nickey for two Bazooka Joe's?

I look at these two and wanna slap someone hard.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The exceptional play of two of our young up and coming corners. Now I answered your question. Answer mine. What about that one preseason game says we will have a problem at CB2? No drama please.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I can't speak for everyone, but the reason I get bent out of shape about it is because Mouton was a third round pick and should be better depth than our 5th best CB. Especially when the guys ahead of you are a 6th round pick from the same class, a rookie and a guy who can't play outside(Vinny).

8. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

should you also be bent out of shape that our starting pro bowl corner was picked in the 7th round? who cares when they were picked, put the best one on the field. Shoulda woulda coulda doesn't count, the players we've drafted are the players that we've got and sometimes they suck even if they were picked in the early rounds. Bravo that the guy picked lower is playing better.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Pat White sucks.

10. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

It is interesting that no one has even looker LW's way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar