Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $11,157
    I don't think it's blasphemy but I would like to know how old were you when you first saw Star Wars?

I'm a huge fan but I can totally understand how they don't live up the hype for a lot of people. I think you have to have some kind of childhood connection to be a real fanatic, in most cases.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,221
    I agree, however I didn't get into Star Wars until my teenage years and it's for a variety of reasons (Vader's theme and Extended Universe for example).
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,038
    Whenever they were re-released was when I saw them... Which was what? '97 or '98? This would put me somewhere between 7 and 9 when I first saw the movies. I'd say there was a childhood connection. I really liked Star Wars. I had seen them multiple times and distinctly remember going to see episode II and III at midnight. At the time, due to being very young and naive, I probably thought even those were great as well.

Then, not so long ago I watched them all again and realized how mediocre (at best) much of the acting was i.e. Luke screaming at the end of Empire Strikes Back.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,221
    lol which time?
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,038
    Re-released in theaters (in the US) which was '97 or '98.
  4. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088

Phantom Menace is the only tolerable one out of the new Star Wars, only because of Liam Neeson and Darth Maul.
  5. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088
    The first Transformers was great if you wanted giant robots tearin' some s**t up. Not going to lie, there were some scenes that gave me chills when I saw them for the first time (Starscream in beast mode at the end, that police Mustang, the Autobots arriving on Earth with the great score playing).

Transformers 2 however, was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. What a mess. Barely any transforming, unbearably unfunny toilet jokes, the twins got too much screen time and were annoying to the point that was distracting...and I was actually bored throughout the movie.

The breaking point for me was when that one robot had giant robot balls, when I saw that, I never wanted a movie to be over more.
  6. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    yeah but it also introduced Jar Jar Binks, so your point is nullified
  7. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,088
    Revenge of the Sith unleashed the full potential of Hayden Christensen's acting skills. That made everything else ok.
  8. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Brown
    Moolah:
    $13,717
    The first time I saw Star Wars was when they were re-released in '98 I think. As a kid I thought they were good but like someone else said the last time I watched one of them it just wasn't impressive at all.

As for Transformers the 1st is 100x better than the 2nd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.