The Most Overrated Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I didn't think Juno was terrible, I fairly enjoyed it for the most part since I like Ellen Page. But Oscar buzz? LOL, the only reason Juno was associated with the Oscars was because Hollywood wanted to prove a point by having something "different". It's like when Elliott Smith's "Miss Misery" got Oscar buzz, but the difference between Elliott Smith and Juno is Elliott Smith was actually mad talented and wanted nothing to do with the Oscars.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hollywood doesn't do that..
    Statement indie (Fox Searchlight anyway) film hitting on abortion/prolife issues. Remove the Lilith Fair Diablo Cody element and this movie probably doesn't get the TV spots, short theatrical run and not a mention in Oscar circles.
    I didn't hate the flick. The bits shared between Ellen and Jason Bateman in regard to punk rock, Dario Argento and Herschel Gordon Lewis are fun anyway. I liked Whip It much better, but I guess the Academy isn't interested in Roller Derby chicks as much as teen pregnancy...

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I disagree on all of the above. All classics that are worthy of their praise.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Anything with Will Ferrell...even if you think it's crap, you still over-rate it.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I thought Old School was terribly overhyped/overrated.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lol, the Academy so threw Juno in the ballot to try to prove a point, the movie was nothing special. Enjoyable for a first time watch. Juno reminds me a little bit of Napoleon Dynamite, it was cute and quirky until people wouldn't stop reciting it.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I never saw Juno.

Oooh... another one I could add to the list is Little Miss Sunshine.

It had a feel good ending. Alan Arkin was good... a few funny parts here and there. It's definitely a different type of humor... dry, dark, morbid.

But, c'mon... it's overrated.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah, the point I made prior.
    This movie obviously struck a chord with certain people. It is what it is.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I also hated The Usual Suspects... dumbest, most unbelievable revelation ending eva eva.. makes no sense. It especially sucks because I play in a band of the same name :irked:

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

True Grit 2010
    Titanic
    Star Wars 1-3
    Jurrasic Park
    Men in Black
    The DaVinci Code
    Saving Private Ryan
    Gladiator
    The Exorcist
    The Omen
    Black Swan
    Godfather Pt3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar