The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Right.

All I'm saying is that someone with a 60 million contract probably still doesn't view 100,000 as "pocket lent".

I expect Manning and Brady are both financially savvy individuals and know the worth of 100 grand.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

So if my calculation is correct cj is now at a $150k loss in proving his point as of today. How much deeper in the hole is he willing to go? How long will the admin give him before they cave and negotiate without him showing up or demand that he is under contract and needs to be there. What if he decides that he doesn't give a crap about losing a year out of his current contract so he continues to sit out past the 8th? Somebody's got to move soon. If I was currently on an 800k contract I think I would of showed up and heard them out before I decided to piss away a couple hundred grand but maybe he has invested well.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep. I definatly think he is getting some really bad advise.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

At $800K/year (only 21 or so days left before he burns one years' pay) he must have the same advisor as I do for my 401K.....OUCH!

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't think he starts getting fined 30K a day til Thursday (if he still hasn't shown up)

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

CJ could cut his hair, fix his teeth and learn to speak and he'd have endorsements thrown at him.

As for holding out, I can't disagree. He could get hurt on his very next play and have to work with us. Get the money while you can. Titans need to offer him top five RB pay.

8. Waylander

Waylander Tongue tied and twisted.

My theory is that we'll re-sign him and give him his big money, but after all the other signings are done. The new CBA has the owners spending like 99% of the salary cap this year, so it would make sense to get the team put together, and then pay CJ the remainder getting us up to the cap. Thus hopefully freeing up more capspace later on in the contract. Just my take, but I think that's why they want him in camp. He needs the reps and they want to pay him with the best cap friendly deal possibly. No more Floyd Reese style contracts.

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Missed the boat on this Alex. I was comparing salaries......

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Miss Cleo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar