The real problem with this team...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BACK2SMASHMOUTH, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

I know after this week, everyone is trying to find the weak points and find someone to blame for the poor showing against the Falcons. But I don't think that the real problem this team has is with any certain player.

This team plays to the level of their competition. I think that everyone in here and everyone on that team feels like we have a chance against the Colts. But I personally had concerns going into this weekend and will have those same concerns against teams like the Raiders and Carolina. This team still has a young core which creates a catch 22. It is that young energy that gives us all the belief that they can play with the best team in the league but it is that youthful immaturity that leads to inconsistent play and let downs against teams that they may not take as seriously as they should.

I think it is a correctable problem. I think that the close call against Atlanta will go a long way to correcting the problem...a long way to building that maturity. I'm just saying you don't see teams like the Pats being so up and down. They go out, take care of business, whether it's the best team in the league or a team that remains winless...

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We had one bad showing and this is what we get...typical. We came off the bye week a little rusty and too relaxed no big deal.

VY bounces back from bad games and the D showed it is an elite unit regardless of some secondary woes here and there.

3. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

Typical? Really?

I have no doubts that VY will bounce back, I agree completely that our D is as stout as it's been in a long time. But we haven't really "put away" anyone this season. In Jacksonville we gave up lots of chances to do just that. We looked better against NO but that was a tight game heading to the 4th. And against the Falcons, again, never gave the kill shot.

I'm not saying this isn't a very good team. I'm as excited as I've been in a LONG time. But you can't say that this is something that may not bite them in the rear.

4. MttyTitan

MttyTitan Guest

I think we really need a very good TE for our system to be competitive.
    Your thoughts

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think we need a runningback that can create his own hole to be a competitive offense.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think it's more the offense doesn't really get it going until the 4th quarter when VY shines. I think as we continue to grow on offense mainly VY as a more consistent QB we will start to break away more. VY has defenitly taken major steps as a passer but needs to continue to refine his game and that will make him more consistent.

We could also use a running game which may look decent on paper but it is not good at all right now and if not for the jags game would be pretty bad.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Bo Scaife is pretty darn good if you haven't noticed.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My fear is Troupe will tease us with a few decent games and maybe one outstanding game which will lead the front office to consider signing him long-term.

I'd rather look to the draft and find someone in a mid-round.

9. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

on first reading i dismissed your comments as just another chapter in the Chicken Little chronicles. on second reading, the "close game" and "playing to the level of the competition" comments are better than the "sky is falling" fella.

if there is a middle ground 'twixt Chicken Little and Captain Obvious ... you should claim it.:yes:

10. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

I do apologize for the cliche's, but trust me I'm a far cry from a chicken little. I suppose making the title of this thread "The real problem with this team" was a bit misleading. That IS what's keeping us from being one of the league's elite(cliche alert cliche alert :)) ). I don't think it's the running game, or Vince. I think it's the mentality that some of the young guys on this team may take going into, what's supposed to be, an automatic win. It's just a by-product of youth.

Guys like Mawae on O and Bullock on D will expidite the learning curve. They set a good example, but it doesn't just happen. And until the idea that you can't overlook an Atlanta or any other below average team in the league sets in with everyone, I just think we'll have more Sundays where we're throwing remotes at the TV because we're struggling against a crap team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar