The Rundown: Top 10 Running Backs in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I have to disagree with Rhodes. He's still going to be behind Lamont Jordan.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and behind the worst o-line in football

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

alright, im getting alot of criticism for my list, the most ive heard is Shaun Alexander, guys, he totally underachieved last season, to take away from what betts did, came in mid season and still got over 1100 yards rushing, without him the redskins are drafting Calvin Johnson #1 overall...

Next, Frank Gore, was arguably the 2nd best back last year, behind a crummy San Fran line, no question he doesnt deserve top 5 consideration

Edge, showed last seaosn that he cant have a productive season without peyton manning and Marvin Harrison on the same team, not to mention 80 other recievers and tight ends that peyton makes look soo good. also that he needs at least 1 linemen to actually block someone.

Warrick Dunn i wanted to put on the list so bad, but he had Mike Vick, TJ Duckett, and the best rushing offense in the NFL. so that obviously gave him more room to run.

Travis Henry flew under the radar last season, and being the homer i am, i still would consider him for top 10 even if i wasnt a titan fan. he was a down hill runner, and was always consistent.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, what edge proved was that a half way decent line is important. he had larry fitzgerald, anquan boldin and bryant johnson out wide, he just didnt have any holes to run through.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hang on Gore has more rushing yards last year than Henry had combined last two years and Henry gets top 10?

Alexander underachieved? He was injured

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dc..

Edge had one off year. It is possible he has entered into an eddie george place (circa 2002-2003) where he is wearing down after passing that 2100 carry mark but remember he had one year at indy with a 3.6ypc and came back to be one of the best in the whole league. despite his off year he had almost 1400 yards and his prestige and accomplishment makes him a top 10 back until he proves otherwise...

Edit: Edge is not old. He is 28 and will be 29 in august. Same age almost to the day as thomas jones. Last year fitzgerald was hurt and missed 3 games and the cards had a rookie QB. Don't be shocked to see edge put up a 1300 year.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is just terrible. Where in the world do you get your information for these assumptions? A RB over 30 is an old RB, and probably doesn't have much left. RB is the position in the NFL with the shortest career life of any position. Especially for a heavily used back, late 20's to 30 is getting old. Prime years are 23-27.

8. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

9. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Why don't you change your list to be the top RB's over the last 3 years. It paints a better picture and Betts and Henry wouldn't be on it.....and Alexander would.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar