The Schedule softens up for a few weeks...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bayou Titan, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Given that almost half the league is 1-3 right now, id say alot of teams will be beating bad teams. Id rather win, always dont care about draft position etc. Just win, unfortunately we wont. Best case scenerio next 5 games is 1-4.

2. Meow

Meow Starter

yeah I'm tired of getting excited for games only to watch us blow it. I don't care about draft position anymore...I used to but I'd rather see my team win now.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He won't be fired this season but he won't make it to next season

It wouldn't surprise me to see Robiskie let go. McDaniels brought in as OC and Mularkey on a very short leash. McDaniels in line for HC then

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Why on earth would McDaniels leave his current gig to be OC here?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Because with Mularkey as HC it's just a matter of time before he's gone.
    I think JRob has the ability to get rid of Robiskie not so much Mularkey, at least not as quick as Robiskie.
    You don't think JRob will be in McDaniels ear at seasons end?

I do think Mariota has an appeal to McDaniels.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I just can't see him making a move like that. What if he turns the O around and saves Mularkey's job? On the flip side what if he is terrible here and ends up killing his HC candidate buzz.

Other than the J Rob connection it just doesn't make much sense imo. Besides it's not like we are the only team who is potentially gonna be interested in him. And it's not like this job is even all that appealing. Sure we have Mariota but a lot of teams have a young QB with upside. Or better yet, actual proven stars.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

To add, these HC candidates have to strike while the iron is hot. A lot can change in a year. So a lateral move to a much, much, MUCH worse team doesn't really seem like the smartest move.

Unless of course he was just flat out guaranteed the HC job in a year. But if you are gonna guarantee something like that then why not just hire him for that position up front?

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I understand, the last point is kind of what I'm thinking but I think AAS has a hold on Mularkey, at least for now. Why I have no idea. I'd like to know how JRob feels about him. I doubt he's entirely on board. The guy is a proven loser.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hard to believe j rob could actually think mularkey is the right man for the job.

AAS needs to get out of the way and let j rob do his job.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree completely and that's why I think he may get his pieces in place even if it's not for the exact job immediately.
    That's Mularkey's problem there is no one on this staff he feels threatened by.

Maybe McDaniels gets OC/assistant offensive coach role, idk just throwing out thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar