The Titans have offered a contract to former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash Soccer God

Camp fodder.
  2. iQon

iQon Special Teams Standout

:ha: Almost a new offseason low. We're getting burned for the BENGALS now. There doesn't seem to be a player in this league that sees any potential in this franchise.
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

They offered more money and a better opportunity (Cincy is very thin at WR after Ochocinco). There's no reason to try to spin this into yet another "the Titans got disrespected" thing.
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

How about you tell us Matt Jones' stats last season?
  5. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Who would you rather have throwing the football to you, Carson Palmer or VY...(see Justin Gage's spine injury)...
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Haven't the Titans put us through this once or twice before with Jones? I don't think he's coming, but they have been pursuing him for some time now.
  7. iQon

iQon Special Teams Standout

This is the same guy who has been caught 2 or 3 times with some sort of drug paraphernalia, and was constantly criticized in Jacksonville for a lack of work ethic. Cincinnati is taking in every knucklehead they can get their hands on. They always have a good year and fade back into oblivion instantly. And their receiving core on it's best day, is not better than the Titans right now.

Let's see, an ineffective #1, maybe a good run game again, and a All Pro QB.

Or the dynamics of a great OLine, CJ, VY, Gage, Britt, Washington, *Scaife, *Crumpler, and Cook.

He took a few extra pennies, that's fine. But he'll have to work harder for it --- and he does NOT make Chad good again, that's just laughable. I know for a fact that's still the BenGals and the Titans are still closer to a Lombardi then they ever will be. When he gets cut again, I really hope the FO doesn't look his way again. He obviously doesn't want to be here.
  8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Very Stupid Post. :suspect:
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

I think it's a fair question to ask. One factor to consider when deciding the best offer...

In my opinion VY is not as accurate a passer as Palmer, and has more than once thrown a ball that leaves the receiver vulnerable to a hit like the one Gage took that injured him...
  10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

with a guy like chris johnson around it could become a question of whether you are getting thrown to at all or just run blocking. it will just come down to money. like they all do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.