Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

The Titans have offered a contract to former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Smash Soccer God

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $892
    Camp fodder.
  2. iQon Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $45
    :ha: Almost a new offseason low. We're getting burned for the BENGALS now. There doesn't seem to be a player in this league that sees any potential in this franchise.
  3. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,686
    They offered more money and a better opportunity (Cincy is very thin at WR after Ochocinco). There's no reason to try to spin this into yet another "the Titans got disrespected" thing.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,654
    How about you tell us Matt Jones' stats last season?
  5. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,213
    Who would you rather have throwing the football to you, Carson Palmer or VY...(see Justin Gage's spine injury)...
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,204
    Haven't the Titans put us through this once or twice before with Jones? I don't think he's coming, but they have been pursuing him for some time now.
  7. iQon Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $45
    This is the same guy who has been caught 2 or 3 times with some sort of drug paraphernalia, and was constantly criticized in Jacksonville for a lack of work ethic. Cincinnati is taking in every knucklehead they can get their hands on. They always have a good year and fade back into oblivion instantly. And their receiving core on it's best day, is not better than the Titans right now.

Let's see, an ineffective #1, maybe a good run game again, and a All Pro QB.

Or the dynamics of a great OLine, CJ, VY, Gage, Britt, Washington, *Scaife, *Crumpler, and Cook.

He took a few extra pennies, that's fine. But he'll have to work harder for it --- and he does NOT make Chad good again, that's just laughable. I know for a fact that's still the BenGals and the Titans are still closer to a Lombardi then they ever will be. When he gets cut again, I really hope the FO doesn't look his way again. He obviously doesn't want to be here.
  8. TitansJonne OG triple OG

Wright
    Moolah:
    $17
    Very Stupid Post. :suspect:
  9. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,213
    I think it's a fair question to ask. One factor to consider when deciding the best offer...

In my opinion VY is not as accurate a passer as Palmer, and has more than once thrown a ball that leaves the receiver vulnerable to a hit like the one Gage took that injured him...
  10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    with a guy like chris johnson around it could become a question of whether you are getting thrown to at all or just run blocking. it will just come down to money. like they all do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.