Things that fascinate you

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So I was at work (still am) and I was sorting through computer cables and my mind began to wonder (as it usually does) and came to realise something that I am completely fascinated by - Old places/things that have been completely untouched for years/decades/centuries.

Buildings that are still standing but haven't been cleaned out or used in ages. I remember seeing an old train that had rusted over sitting on tracks that hadn't been used in decades and I used to think of what it was like back then and what the train was used for.
    I don't know why but it fascinates me to imagine what times were like back then when the train was new, or the building was being used for workers.
    I am particularly interested in ancient sites, I'd love to visit the Mayan and Inca and Egyptian sites one day.

I guess I like to imagine what life was like before I was born and how different it was compared to now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

For the longest time I wished I had lived in colonial America before the Revolution. But I'm kinda liking modern times.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Give the Amish community a go.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i also think america before it was settled would be crazy. clearest bluest skies, cleanest fresh air, every river you can see strait to the bottom, healthiest wildlife, lushest forests. badass

also, thinking about forever trips me out

5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

It's all genetics guys, thousands of years of conditioning that drive us to hunt, grunt and run naked in the forest. I think we all ponder about simpler times when life was a struggle but maybe achieved as more of an art form with hands on skills. We long for those forgotten secrets and instinctive abilities that technology has replaced. A time when information came from one direction at a slow pace rather than 50 different direction at the speed of light until you can't take any more input.
    I am all for nostalgia and a more primal, elemental lifestyle as long as I can have my goose down pillow and my airconditioner.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

ever since this movie
    [​IMG]
    i have never wanted to "run naked" in theforest

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Tsunamis, particularly the mega ones.

I would have loved to have been standing on top of one of the mountains overlooking the bay in Alaska back in the late 50s when that landslide happened, creating a 1700 foot local tsunami.
    http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblo...i-that-struck-alaska-can-it-happen-again.html

High ground survivors of nearby islands of Krakatoa just after it blew its stack in the late 1800s said that the water looked like a moving mountain range as it came towards their island (it has been purported that the explosion, and subsequent collapse of the caldera sent a 120 foot wall of water towards neighboring islands).

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i am fascinated by tornadoes... how they work, why they happen. they are beautiful when they happen...minus the destruction part

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm fascinated with how long Jesse has lasted on this forum.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am like Gunny, fascinated by any place that is old and has all the old equipment or books, etc in them. We lived in the UK for a few years when I was a kid and my mother made a point to literally visit every castle still standing [and some that were barely] across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland [yes I kissed the Blarney Stone at Blarney castle in 1970]. But, it was fascinating to see the crypt of the knight who was entombed in one and the little crypt next to him that held his head [obviously lost in battle].

Whether it would be ancient ruins or a lab from the 1800s, there is something fascinating to me about it all.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar