This game is for respect

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

So I've read a lot of articles and predictions concerning the game today against the Jets. I have yet to find one person or website predict a Titan's victory.

I'm not going to whine about the lack of respect the Titans receive because the Titans need to earn that respect. They can go a long way to do that by kicking the Jets today.

If the Titans pull out a victory today, attitudes will change towards this team. But the Titans have to win. Build the respect one game at a time.

Kill the Jets!
    • High Five High Five x 4
  2. Dman

Dman Starter

I will say, Herm and Mark from NFL Live predicted we would win
  3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

"Jets luck has run out"

-Headline

I don't see why you think beating the media circle Jets would get us respect.

We would probably have to beat the Broncos and then the Seahawks in a doubleheader to get a slide on Sportscenter.

Beating the Jets will get us less respect than beating the Chargers.
  4. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

Everyone on ESPN except for Keyshon Johnson picked us. He said at the begining of the year we would win only 5 games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

This game scares me worse than the Chargers.

This feels like the kind of game this team blows. Maybe we have turned a corner though.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Yep. There are no guarantees in the nfl. Even more so with the titans.
  7. Dman

Dman Starter

Could be a trap game but if we are going to be a good football team we are going to have to win this game. It is good to have a game like this at this part of the season. It will really define how well this team has improved in the offseason
  8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Good to see that *some* analyst have the Titans winning. I've learned from experience that I never think that the Titans will win a game. When our opponent seems like a sure win, we get bit. So, yes I think the Titans need to win this game convincingly.
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

I'll be satisfied if we have 1 more point than the Jets when 0:00 rolls down the 4th quarter. The W is all that matters.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I don't think we get much more respect for beating the Jets today. I think the Titans and Jets are viewed very similarly right now. I.E. No one really knows if we're legit or just having a good/lucky run.

So if we win the story is probably going to be more "Well the Jets were just pretenders" than "These Titans are for real". I think it's going to take a win against the Chiefs next week before we start getting real respect/buzz.