This is gonna suck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

I am in the town of Kona on the Big Island right now...it's 6:00 pm, I've been working all day, and I'll be back at it at 11:00 pm until.

Tomorrow morning I fly back to Maui...While the LAST GAME IS ON!!! :grrr:

I have told my bosses that I don't like work interfering with my religion. Apparently I'm being ignored.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Get your life back man. Or go to Hawaii only during the pro bowl.
  3. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

This is what Tivo was made for. Or hey, even VCRs...
  4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What do you do avvie? I thought all there was to do on the islands was hang out, surf, down a few cold ones, and check out the local scenary :brow:

My dvd-r player is cool for missing games (which I try hard to not do anyway).
  6. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

I've started Tivo-ing even the away games that I watch on TV as they happen. I start watching an hour in and just skip past the commercials. I'll generally catch up in the 4th quarter.
  7. avvie

Surprisingly, I am not TIVO-capable. Long story, but it has to do with an inept landlord and cable piracy. My roomie can Tivo, but he got so mad at today's game that he deleted it :irked:

Bobo, I buid and setup props and decor for wildly expensive parties. I'll post a few pics here soon. Last night's theme was "Saturday Night Live" in a private resort occupied by Micheal Dell, who also owns the Four Seasons resort next door to it. I get to go to VERY nice places, and try to stay out of sight of the people there...I'm a service vendor to the wildly rich and affluent.
    Coming in january: Earth, Wind and Fire! :banana:
  8. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

cable piracy? what is that about?
  9. avvie

My landlord has this house wrapped up in miles of cable and bad connections becaus he had tenants install their own cable access from the main line. Reception is lousy, some lines don't work any more (like the one to my room).
    Recently the cable co. was called out to clear up a reception complaint, and saw this mess. They were VERY PO'd about it. Now we have only one line in, and it goes straight to the living room and no further. My EyeTV (a computer Tivo/ television tuner) is obsolete, and I can't watch TV any more. My cable net access is via wireless router from the LR, which sucked until I got a booster station last week.

I moved to hawaii armed to the teeth in technology, and can't use it because some Portagee ******* was trying to save a buck.
  10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That does suck.

But you live in Hawaii. Doesn't that make up for it? :yes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.