This weeks game has been sidelined by drama................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Remember the good old days when Jags fans came to a board to be deep fried and when we used to go over there and do the same.............this week everything on the Three Titan boards is about Adam Jones..............and on the Jags two boards it is all about Lefty getting benched by JDR for DG.....................no one is talking about this game.....................this game is going to be very interesting in terms of how it unfolds...................this game could announce the Titans arrival or the demise of the Jags season...................or vice versa..................lots of angles.........................with all the Jags injuries this game is winnable but Vegas has us as a double digit dog............................I am leaving tomorrow morning for JAX...................cant wait to revisit my AllTitan stadium....................

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A win at Jax goes a long way to saving some jobs.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

besides the AJones Lefty crap................the Jags have 11 guys on IR and Stroud is out..............MJones will play but he is not close to 100%. I think having the Jags in turmoil is a huge benefit..............and DG is only going to hurt us running................I see alot of stacked box with KB and Hope having big days.................

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i just hope we can get the running game going with LW and Travis

with some luck these next 2 weeks, i can see us winning both games and that would leave us at 4-5 with some pretty good confidence heading to philly with AH back

5. Code

Code Starter

I think the Gerrard Lefty qb debate is the most interesting angle. We have a bad habit of making second stringers look like all pros. Hope that Gerrard doesn't do a Philip Rivers and throw for 300 hundsky on us.

We've had pretty good success stuffing Fred Taylor. Again, Maurice Jones Drew Jones whatever has the same type of game that Willie Parker does, and that didn't turn out too pretty for us.

But, anythings possible ... and if VY finds his A game this week ... I have great hope for a 3 streak of the right variety.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we have to run on the edges. bobby mccray(reggie haywards replacement), clint ingram(backup OLB) and brent hawkins(DE/OLB) are all on the edge. all are small and two of them are rookies.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I wonder if we are going to twist the fork after we stick it in 'em.

On a relatively useless note, I actually still have a vintage Jaguar jacket with the banned logo on it.

[​IMG]

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I really wish that pac could have aged a few years before last week so that we could have him on the field on Sunday.

Gerrard actually scares me worst than Leftwich.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We have to be sure we do not vacate the middle of the field when Garrard is out there....with those big receivers it may be tempting for the LBs to fan out too much in coverage and leave a lane for Garrard to run for 20+ yards.

The Dline has GOT to maintain some discipline and not over pursue.

Vince can really make a statement if he can play solid and manage the game well this week. Make a couple of runs to keep the defense honest and maybe open the deep seam for Troupe or Scaife.

Oh..and I hope they stocked up on the Depends for Woolfolk....

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think VY will have his best running stats of the yr. and the TEs will get quite a few receptions. We have to pressure their LBs because they are the weakness to the defense. I sell out to stop the run on defense. Woolfolk is actually a very good tackler which will be needed against the physical WRs. The Jags WRs are not good route runners which is usually what gives Woolfolk major trouble. I think he will do fine. Will be a very physical game no doubt. We need someone on STs to make a play and we have to win the TO battle to get a W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar