Tim Shaw re-signed with the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Good. I'm glad.

Titans re-signed LB Tim Shaw to a three-year contract.

A core special teamer, Shaw recently visited the Lions, but drew no other reported interest in free agency. One week removed from his 28th birthday, Shaw played all of two snaps on defense in 2011. He's notched 43 tackles in 32 games the past two seasons.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Edit: Sorry just saw the update to offseason thread. Feel free to close thread.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Solid I suppose.

3. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Great to see this. its a three year deal. Official Offseason Thread updated

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Solid pickup. Special teams captain and saw a stat somewhere that he's like 3rd in the NFL in special team tackles throughout the last 2 years.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Guys like this can be more important than you realize. Glad to see him sticking around.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tim Shaw has been the ONLY Titans special teamer I've ever been impressed by. This guy can play defense if needed to, unlike that Donnie Nickey fella.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

So Rob Bironas has never impressed you? :brow:

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is really a shame Shaw can't put his athleticism to better use than just STs. He came out of college (LB U, Penn State) with a 4.5 40 and a 36 inch vertical. He actually ran a 4.46 at his pro day with a very fast 1.49 10 yd split. I suppose the Titans like him because he can play some LB if needed as well as being one of the best ST guys in the league. Solid signing IMO. Those kind of guys can help win football games more than people think.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Re-signed, not resigned, big difference, lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar