Time For Titans To Form An Identity, Bring Some Attitude & Swagger Back To The Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The last few seasons there hasn't really been a vocal leader or player with any real identity.Reinfeldt mainly wanted to draft these players who were smartest in their class or basically he picked a bunch of players with no character issues or close to it.Squeaky clean types

But the main thing is in football you have to have some guys with a bit of attitude or with a big chip on their shoulder thats meaner than hell because those are the players that put fear in the opposing team and thats been missing on this team for a while.Well there was one player we should've kept recently in the last couple seasons and that was Cortland Finnegan because he did play very physical.We should've gotten rid of Griffin and kept Finnegan.

I know for a fact the last few years here we have sorely lacked not only leadership but players who are feisty,scrappy,brought some attitude as well.Good to see Gregg Williams back because Williams and Gray together are going to put a good defense on the field.

We were always a really good physical smashmouth team especially when we had players like McNair,George,Matthews,Bishop,Kearse,etc.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

that middle linebacker out of GA would make this kind of an impact

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Ed Reed to a healthy Texans defense?

We had better find this swag quick.

Jesus I couldn't handle the Texans winning the Super Bowl. I can't do it.
    They have existed for a decade and are close.

It can't happen.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

^ Some coaches around the league appear to believe the S the Texans let go (Quin) is currently a better player than Reed anyways.

I agree we need an identity and some swagger. I also think Williams/Gray can bring this. If it's gonna be anybody, it's gonna come from 1 of the 3 LB's. As much as I love Morgan, Verner & Mccourty, they seem like good dudes, not real vocal leaders.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

i saw your comment on that reddit thread XO, i downvoted everything.

but i hope everyone feels the same way

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Morgan is all hakuna matata not at all STFU Ill rip you head off and pizz down your neck.

7. SlickFraud

SlickFraud Camp Fodder

Mark my words, the Texans are going to fall off this upcoming season. I guarantee it.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

tough to bring attitude and swagger after what goddell is doing with these rules

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Reddit? What the he'll is that?

Scarecrow > Scarecrow87

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I really don't see anyone on this defense that can currently do that job. Not sure how Sammie Hill plays, but he looks like the intense type. Our defense is way too young to have that sort of vocal leader as well. I think Griffin just doesn't care that much and our vocal leader last year was a back up in Will Witherspoon, and the rest of the team has max 4 years pro xp. Someone needs to take charge and whip this group into gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar