Time to clean house...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

With Mawae gone, who do you replace him with?

He's a nice possession WR, solid blocker for the run game, knows the system and has mostly dependable hands. He Britt and Wash are our best WR's. He's better than Hawkins.

Who do you wanna replace him with who's better, knows our system and is as cheap or cheaper and won't mind having no shot at starting unless their's an injury?

Draft is a good bet.

Ostensibly our previous backups are currently our starters. Ball is fine for a backup. While not a stud nor will he become one, but he's got size, some speed, knows the D, and is fine for a limited fill in.

Special teams 'ace.'

Why not?

I think I've been asking for his ouster for more than a decade!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

While I respect you Gut exectly what ST "Ace" stuff has Donnie Nickey done???

I don't see him making 2 tackles a game, pancakeing people, causing or retrieving fumbles. Seems like a pretty average ST guy who can't play his position too me.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Well he's been in the Top 3 for special team tackles on the Titans since 2005.

[​IMG]

Not to mention he's a captain. :ha:
    ...also has a cool play wristband, qb style. :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

To make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl you must start at the QB position. With very few exceptions, if you don't have an above average to elite player at that position, nothing else matters.

As good as the Steelers have been historically, guess how many QB's have won a ring for them? 2.

You can go through each season and look at the standings for each division, and just about in EVERY single case, the rankings for each team in that division DIRECTLY correlate with how the QB's rank within that division. The division winner had the best QB and the worst teams in the division had the worst QB's.

Is that just a coincidence? Year after year, division after division?

Until that position is held by an above average to elite player, then I hate to say it, but nothing else matters on the roster. History in the NFL has been crystal clear.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So...Steve McNair was better then Manning. Cool.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Good thing we have VY then.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kerry Collins is in no way a good backup to Vince Young. Entirely different philosophy there with KFC. My idea of a good backup is 1.) a guy that collects nowhere close to $5M a season to protect the Gatorade, and 2nd; a guy that can slip in unnoticed. Once Collins is back there, the defense calls three blitz' and returns a punt for 15+ yards. Collins is as mobile as a Coke machine. He destroys the flow of our offense, recall that 0-6 start?

And you say he knows the system.... The system Collins knows did absolutely nothing for us. He can't fill in for Vince. We are better off with Boller, Clemens, Jackson, Ramsey or Simms as backups.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Eugene Amano Keep
    Justin GageLet go
    Kerry CollinsDo NOT Want.. release immediately.
    ???---------------------KR - when will we really make a move for a KR
    Dave Ball Keep, for the sake of having to say Dave Ball.... Sack!!!

Donnie Nickey Donnie Nickey is heart and soul of this football team. Donnie Nickey rallied the team back to respectability during the 8-10 portion of our season by putting the special teams on his back.

Chuck Cecil This guy gets alot of the blame, but he was working with sub par talent, until Rod Hood came in and saved his job. Rod Hood > Ryan Mouton. I'd give him one more year.

Fred Graves I didnt know we had a wide receivers coach.
    Alan Lowry Special teams, other than bironas, has been a sore spot on this franchise for years. How many special teams coachs are there out there?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think I could pull off being a Guard/WR/QB AND run the defense. That's a lot to ask of me don't you think... Plus my quarterbacking past 40-yards is crap. As bad as it sounds I'd be like a Chad Pennington type QB with some muscle and speed. Not good enough for the NFL IMO.

But if the Titans wanna hire a consultant, I'd be up for that. LOL you know we're all smarter than the people Fisher hires don't you?

Okay he can stay, but only for his sack LOL.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Heres an idea, Donnie Nickey replacing Lowry as special teams coach. Nickey has plenty of ST experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar