Time to get rid of the dead wait!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imbread

imbread Starter

I think we got alot of it on this team.. but i like to hear it from you guys.. who to cut first.. i know for me is jmac.. but i think the one the didnt see being that way alge crumpler, i know he did ok but i thought he would have made a bigger impact.. and please leave out vy.. that alone could be talk about all day..:lol:

2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

3. imbread

imbread Starter

thanks man but its almot 2 am and i am from new jersey

4. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

It's all good

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Jmac, Paul Williams, Chris Henry, even though I don't think he got much of a chance.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

JMAC obviously but our whole receiving core outside of Gage and Jones (needs to be resigned) has little to get excited about. Davis and Williams haven't shown me anything. I know that's basically our entire depth but it's not like any of those two were even active for a game much less small role players.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

McCareins walks. He was playing on a one year contract. He'll disappear like like Eric Moulds. I'm with you on our receiving core. Re-sign Jones, keep Gage and Hawkins, and cut everyone else. I don't care if we fill our depth with UFA's. I'm sick of seeing the same non-contributers on the field, or worse, not on the field. If they won't contribute, they might as well offer a minor salary hit so there's room to sign better players elsewhere.

Other dead weight probably comes from our DB's. It might be time to cut ties with Hill. I think Fuller is still valuable. King is getting up there in age, and he's had a serious injury in limited game time two years in a row. Time to find some fresh blood.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

See not only do we need a big play making receiver we also need depth. Our receivers pretty much rotated JMAC and Jones around and maybe threw in Hawkins every now and then. I don't want to do what we did in 07 and draft 3 receivers only for none of them to ever do anything. As I look over the list of free agent receivers I can at least see some interesting names who while they may not be play makers could at least get on the field and help us out. Guys like Hank Baskett, Ashley Lelie and Koren Robinson, not big names but guys who can catch some passes and get on the field.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

McCrareins,Crumpler,P Williams,Henry,Chris Davis

10. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

JMAC, keep Crumpler unless we draft a decent TE, P. Williams for sure. As far as VY, I think he needs to stay around and the offense needs to get him in on certain packages. Once he fumbles once or twice that will change my mind on the subject but until then we might as well use his quickness on running the ball. Having an explosive RB and QB will make defenses prepare a little differently compared to knowing Collins will be in at all times. Collins may get hurt next year so we should also find out what is going on at our 3 qb slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar