Titans '09 Preseason Games Announced

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans '09 preseason schedule has been announced which includes two nationally televised games. Besides playing in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game against Buffalo on Aug. 9 at Canton, Ohio, the Titans will also face the Cowboys in an Aug. 21 game at Dallas. Tennessee will also play Tampa Bay (Aug. 13-17) and Green Bay (Sept. 3 or 4) at LP Field and visit Cleveland (Aug. 27-31). Dates and times for those games will be announced later. The game in Dallas will be the first for the Cowboys in their new stadium.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

I like the new season already. So far we got 3 national telivised games. Plus we get to beat on the cowgirls, Oh I cant. Why build a new staduim for the cowgirls if they just are going to s-hit in it like they did for so long. Anyways I love the Titans. This season is going to be special I can feel it.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'll probably hit up the HOF game (get to see TO as a Bill first hand lol) and Cleveland.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just wouldn't be pre-season without Green Bay.

5. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

I'm hoping to make the Cowboys v Titans game in the new palace. I attended the first event at Texas Stadium so it would be cool to get out to the new place for the first football game to be played there. It's one of those situations where the show will be the building more than the game. Should be fun :) (Besides, I like the idea of going to a football game in Texas, in August, without worrying about having a heat stroke. :(

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

We get basically all of the openers this yr. Opening pre-season game on thurs., opening reg season game at pitts., even the opening debut of the new cowboys stadium.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I'm sure there is a simple reason, but why do we play the Pack in game 4 every year?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not a clue.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We have an agreement with them. Our FO loves their FO.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's true 3801.

Also, I would like to add that generally, two preseason games are picked by the league and two preseason games are contracted by nfl front offices. Now we are involved in a fifth game this year, so that was the league...

The Titans front office has also been cozy with Atlanta in past years...

and I don't know the rhyme or reason but coincidentally the 2004 preseason featured the Browns vs. Titans and the Titans vs. Cowboys.

lastly, this will be the eighth straight year the Packers and Titans have played in the preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar