Titans 2nd Round Selection (#34): WR Justin Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Love this pick a lot. Potentially the best WR of this draft. Considering Jake's accuracy issues at times, this guy will help him a lot. Dude can get up and snatch balls out of the air. Britt and Hunter on the outside and Wright in the slot, wow. Just wow.

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Kiper, McShay, and Mort all said this was the best pick in the entire AFC South. They talked about him for about 5 min. That doubles the TV time the Titans have gotten on ESPN the entire offseason. No one had anything bad to say about him except for his hands the past season. I love the pick and will prob rock a jersey as soon as they start making them. (My last name is Hunt so I have to have the jersey.)

3. JiminyBillyBob

Hold on. Giving up a 2014 3rd pick and a 7th round pick to get a WR that has 1st Rd potential is a lot? GTFO.
    Right move by the FO. There was no way he was going to be still on the board at #40. We got a fast and tall deep threat receiver, who has proven that he can be productive. Let's talk about how much we gave up for him in a year or two, when he is the Titans' leading receiver.
    I found it ridiculous when all experts kept saying we gave up too much for him and then turn around and praise the freaking Vikings for trading back in the 1st Rd to get Patterson. The Vikings actually paid a king's ransom to get Patterson, who most likely will flop in the NFL. And the Titans' FO is criticized for giving up a future 3rd rounder for Hunter. Pathetic.

4. JiminyBillyBob

I think they want to surround Locker with as much talent as they can. This is clearly his make or break year. If he can't succeed with this offensive group, then he should not be a starting QB in the NFL. I like Locker, and I think he can be good, but he has to prove it this year. No excuses.
    Or we will be drafting another QB next year.

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

:bliss:

Brand new video....wow

The Dark Knight Rises: Justin Hunter A Tennessee Titan

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyone calling Hunter a "project" doesn't know wtf they're talking about.

7. Deuce Wayne

Justin Hunter is the sole reason I claimed Tyler Bray shouldn't be drafted.

There's no reason you have Hunter and the other weapons Bray had and still suck. Jimmy Clausen-syndrome.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

As of now, this was a bad choice...trading a future 3rd and the 10th pick in the round to move up 8 spots to get a WR. Just makes no sense...was Justin Hunter really that high above Carradine, Banks, Amerson, and Hunt? Really? Even then, trading a future 3rd when so much talent at positions of IMMEDIATE need were on the board. This decision pissed me the hell off. I really hope Justin Hunter makes passing on one of the aformentioned players and losing next years 3rd worth it. I don't see it though.

Trying to stay positive about it though. Maybe Hunter will be a monster.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Ruston said they had Hunter rated as a first round prospect and that he was "rated significantly better than anyone left on the board." If there is anything we should know about drafting it is take the best player available. If Ruston thinks this guy is the real deal and way better than anyone else I trust him. To me right now Ruston can do no wrong until he proves otherwise. Everything he has done so far has turned out pretty well. I trust the man.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Deuce Wayne

We can always move back in line for a 3rd next season. I hated it at first, but if Hunter turns out to be a top 5 WR (I think he can be... IF Locker can get him the ball), this wont be thought about later.

I hate giving up picks in general. But I feel ok with this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar