Post-Game Thread Titans 30, Dolphins 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Hell yeah, when my dog Morpheus Dusseldorf has his Titans jersey on he has the proudest look and swag about him. He doesn't understand the Titans too great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Well see what happens. The team is on a one game winning streak with the Browns coming into town. It could be two and will be on their way to a potential division win. Winning breeds winning. Success breeds success. If this coaching staff and team is having success and the offense is not holding anyone back. There is no reason not to give them a chance to finish this out. I want to stay positive but I still think there are tough times and plenty of hate and criticism for Marcus ahead.

I just don't think the offense is built at what he does best. It's not played at a tempo that allows him for optimal success. Some of it is players, a lot of it is system. You've referenced by an image Teddy Robiskie a couple times. He def shares in that responsibility. I just think there is so much more to Marcus in what he can do than whats being displayed or the system is allowing him to display.

A lot of you take about Russell Wilson. Nice quarterback but give Pete Carroll credit for tailoring an offense around his skill set. He's not forcing him to be something he is not. He like Marcus is not a drop back quarterback. There is a lot more to him as well and Pete has gotten it out of him. This coaching staff could do the same as long as they are not adamant about transforming him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah I think you should be prepared to be dissapointed...

Titans fans saw Steve "Air" McNair hammered into a game manager. A tough as balls game manager who punished LBs.

Different staff but I think this staff is pretty real bad so .....

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I think Marcus would be better off with Jeff Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

you must not be familiar with fishface...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I'm familiar with him. He has a better defensive mind than offensive mind. Had some incredible defenses with the Titans. Also know he could go 7-9 one year and then 12-4 the next only to go 7-9 the next.

I think I have a little more respect for him as coach than most of you. Although, he really hasn't had the success with the Rams but he hasn't had a quarterback either. I just think that Fisher would be a lil more closer to Carroll in his dealings with Mariota on the field. I think he would try to mold the offense around him and call the game closer to his strengths.

I will say this I think Robiskie and Mularkey had a much better game plan today for him and the team. They mixed in a lot more short pattern passes and allowed him to go long a couple of times along with trying to maintain their typical ball control offense.

There is a lot of work to do. Mariota still ain't great. His decision making from last season and his years as a Oregon Quarterback has fell off some. But I do think he is impacting the game. If he wasn't, the team wouldn't be .500. For anyone to say that he absolutely blows is utter nonsense.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah ....

fishface had a bigger armed McMVP and did not do the things you say.

and who said 'he absolutely blows'???

8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Oh there is the GrayHair dude, Maker and a couple of others. I assume you mean that Fisher didn't align the offense around McNair? Right?

9. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

This fan base... I swear. Lose ya whine, win ya whine... and you wonder why our fans are considered among the worst in the NFL... it's not difficult to see why folks.

We lost to teams with a combined record of 12-3...
    We beat teams with a combined record of 5-13...
    We were also in all three losses like it or not...

What this should tell you is we are AT LAST winning the games we're supposed to win.

I've said it before I'll say it again this is a 5-6 win team, if they somehow win 7 or more I for one will be extremely surprised. How about for once people enjoy a win for a minute before complaining about this player or that coach or some play?

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not in the least

O went thru EG

only time fishface allowed McMVP to throw was third and X where X is greater than 3

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar