Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans 3rd Round Selection (#97): LB Zaviar Gooden

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. FLA Titans Fan The GM

McNair
    Moolah:
    $432
    Id like to start the day off tomorrow by pull Thomas off the board. We need another LB who can generate a strong passrush. Very hard worker, man strength, high motor.... Pull the trigger!
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,319
    He may be "6'2" (aka 5'10) but watch him.

He looks/plays short.
  3. Tennessy XO Part time love is the life 'round here

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,921
    He will be another one of our hybrid players.

OLB to SS to blitzing on pass downs.
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY Rookie

Moolah:
    $820
    i dont think he was as bad of a pick as u make him out to be. Looking at Okafor maybe there is a reason why he hasnt been picked up yet. Inconsistent, slow forty time
  5. corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Moolah:
    $5,590
    He measured 6'2" at the combine...he's not 5'10".
  6. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,543
    Matt Elam is 5'10 210 and ran a slower 40. He got picked in the 1st round and was considered a top 3 safety. This guy has way better measurables.

Do you actually check guys out before you bash them or do you just decide you don't like the look of'em?
  7. madeupdreams Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $435
    The FO got tired of picking up DEs who can't consistently get to the quarterback and said, "Screw it! We'll just rush our linebackers all the time."
    Titan43 high fives this.
  8. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $22,233
    He has great closing speed and is always around the ball from what I see from all his highlights. He doesn't seem to be a hard hitting machine from what I see.

It will be interesting to see how we use him.

Oh well, the last pick of the 3rd round. Therefore I can't expect an A+ performance.
  9. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,863
    I've been saying it all along. Ayers can't cover. He's a more natural D-end. This Gooden guy is great in coverage. He's Zach Brown 2.0. This move allows us to play Ayers more at D-end while getting a true 43 OLB who can actually cover. I love the pick..
  10. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,345
    Hopefully we'll actually play Ayers more at DE then.