Titans 5th Round Selection (#142): DE Lavar Edwards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

His main problem is when he stops his feet. It's instinctual and I'm not sure if it can be corrected- but yeah, he's the type that is talented enough naturally to get a few sacks if he plays enough- but many times will be standing flat footed watching the play happen.
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He had as many sacks as the guy who was drafted 5th. Just about as many tackles and tfl.

Could be a real gem. You look for a rotational guy in that round but he could be more than that.

Has only played in a 4-3 so no adjustment is needed and could really benefit from nfl coaching.

A+ pick!

Kiper liked him as a prospect better than Montgomery for what that is worth.
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Edwards ran a blistering cone time of 7.03 better than some Wrs and CBs. His 40 time was solid and consistent with a decent split.He is similar to jason Jines in a lot of ways and somewhat similar physically to Datone Jones who was a fantastic pick for green bay.

Can get stronger in the upper body.
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

We seemed to have targeted quiet guys with excellent work ethic and athleticism. I have to say, I think it is working and I think we are going to have a solid core group of guys pretty soon.