Titans agree to terms with OT Michael Oher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 14, 2014.

1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I suppose, but not any time soon. It has been widely reported that the cap is expected by everyone to increase dramatically over the next 3 seasons. Most contracts don't go beyond 3 seasons (in guaranteed money), so there's no reason at all to plan for a world where the cap isn't increasing.
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

It's less of a Madden argument, just another example, not meant to be taken too seriously.

Fitz has been a starter and has played a lot of football. Clipboard Jesus hasn't thrown a pass since 2011.
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Im kind of thinking Whiz didn't want to pay his 3rd QB big money, I think Whitehurst ends up being the No.3 behind Jake and a rookie.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yeah I think he may want someone else at #2, but felt Whitehurst could do the job until a rookie is ready to take over the #2 spot. Whitehurst may be the #2 to start next season though.
  5. JCBRAVE

Ive been saying since Whiz was hired, he has no reason to trust Jake Locker in 2014, he'd a be nuts not to address QB this draft. After the Fitz cutting, Im almost certain one of our top 2 picks is going to be a QB to compete with Jake this summer.
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm not against it. I feel bad for Jake because he has improved and showed promise. Just hasn't stayed healthy though. Can't trust that he'll be out there.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

Yeah, it's a bummer for Jake...I know he has showed improvement, but you can't blame Whiz. Cutting Fitz said a lot, and I am pretty certain Jake is going to feel the pressure next season with an early drafted QB. I said it here on another thread, new coaches want their QB/QB protection/and weapons in place...I think we all see the direction this is headed.
  8. JCBRAVE

I dont feel bad at all and its no secret Im a Locker fan. A 4th year Jake Locker is better than any of these rookies, he'll win the job IMO, but at least we'll have a capable QB backing him up.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

Yeah...It's time to turn it up a notch though. Yes, Jake has shown flashes when healthy, but flashes simply aren't good enough. He is still injury prone, and inconsistent. I never truly feel comforable with him a whole game, and everyone just expects him to go out for an extended time. Call it what you will, but NO TEAM should have those feelings about their starting QB...Especially 4 years deep now.
  10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

About the Baltimore and Houston game, this is actually proof that PFF analyzes all the film. First thing, PFF gives players full credit for sacks. A half sack becomes a sack. In the second quarter, Mercilus (defended by Oher) hit Flacco and immediately after, Smith punched the ball out and got credited with the sack. Both are credited with a sack from PFF. Oher whiffed bad on the play. This was against a three man rush.

Why haven't you mentioned this?