Titans agree to terms with WR Eric Decker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That settles it, I am going after Decker in Donk

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Could be.....

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don't mean we should always do that.

Say we are playing a team that is top in the league against the run. Instead of playing their game, and pounding the backs into a wall all day, spread em wide and make em cover in space.

If you are playing a team with a strong secondary and weak front seven, pound em.

I guess my point is, don't have an identity you are committed to just because. Attack each team where they are weakest.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Naw I ain't buying that theory. Especially now that we lost Fasano. I think we mostly played that way because of lack of depth at WR after Mathews and Sharpe. Our strength then was the run game. But now we have better weapons in the passing game. How would it benefit us to be so obvious with the intent of running the ball? It just makes us less explosive as an offense and more predictable. That's not a great combination

6. Alpha Hole

Alpha Hole Practice Squad

Good luck.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Remember when we tried to get cute and try original things weeks 1-5?

Cost us games

I don't like when Mularkey and Robiskie have to adjust

Although amazingly they did adjust midway then fell apart week 16....

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

If we're playing a team that is tops in stopping the run, then we line up in 2/3 TE sets or 2 RBs, and we play action the crap out of them. Send Murray and Delanie out on routs, set up screens, motion someone in and out of the backfield. Why take away two of our best (if not the best) PROVEN receivers we have in Walker and Murray to come out with 4 WRs and let the defense know exactly what we're doing?

Come out in run formations, get creative with the pass, and when they start adjusting, run it down their throat anyway.

9. ceeder

ceeder Starter

Really pumped about picking up BDD. I didn't think JR was the type to go down the 1 year deal routes for high reward options, but he surprised us here. Makes me wonder why a guy like Pryor wasn't considered, must be an attitude thing. BDD seems like a good team guy and will be a great presence for Davis/Taylor.

Matthews/Wright/Sharpe/Douglas/Mariani/McBride

to

BDD/Matthews/Davis/Sharpe/Taylor/Douglas/Weems

Massive improvement. MM gonna ball.

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

Any word on the contract amount?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar