Titans agreed to terms with LB Josh Stamer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

That's an amazing 1.2857142857142857142857142857143 tackles per game.... sheesh maybe I need to lighten up on this guy and give him a chance:grrhee:

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

90 special teams tackles in 70 games isn't too bad when you consider just how many punts and kickoffs there are in one game.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good pickup.

You need special teams guys and you need depth. He isn't a household name, so? Are people that superficial in their knowledge about football that they think every player has to be a star?

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is always nice to have a few ST demons on your team that can solidify those areas. I am a little confused however. According to NFL.com he only had 65 tackles in 70 games, 50 solo.

I'm sure he was cheap and if a younger guy performs comparably on STs and offers more upside as a LB backup, which this guy apparently doesn't IMO they can cut him (same with Nickey). That is unless Fisher has a love affair with him like he had with Fowler in which case he will be starting instead of Thornton or Bulluck.

If you look up Nickey's stats, outside of this guy playing LB and Nickey being a S, they are almost identical. Nickey has 75 tackles in 76 games with 55 solo. If we sign more guys like this guy, Nickey, and Fowler we could have the best STs in the league even though we are only one injury away from not being able to stop anyone on defense.

5. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

...and when he bolts down the field and "jacks up" the kick returner; everyone here is going to say what a great pickup he was.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm guessing the bills punted about 20 times per game. So...

7. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Yeh and 'm guessing he replaced Kevin Everrett.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

kill me, please. Josh Stamer?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

God if only....

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Ha ha ha! :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar