Pre-Game Thread Titans @ Colts Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This game appears to be about two franchises headed in different directions.

The Colts are close to securing a playoff spot with two more wins and a conference loss by either Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. The Titans are just trying to find something to be optimistic about in the final quarter of the season.

Luck has exceeded all expectations his rookie season in managing quite a few late-game heroics including two TDs in the final 2:39 to beat the Lions last Sunday. He rallied the Colts in the fourth quarter in their game in Nashville which ended in a 19-13 OT win. He's led the Colts to winning four of their last five games since.

The Titans are coming off back-to-back losses to conference rivals with some serious questions on the offensive line as injuries have taken three of the five season starters to IR. Locker was on his backside six times last week to go with five turnovers. I expect the Colts D to bring the pressure and try to create mistakes.

Keys to this game for the Titans on the offensive side of the ball is to simply execute better. Locker has to get the ball out of the backfield sooner. The receivers have to do a better job catching the football. Multiple turnovers just can't happen. In their first meeting, the Titans converted 45% of their 3rd/4th Downs so success moving the chains must continue. When in the red zone, the Titans have to put it in the endzone instead of kicking field goals.

Defensively, the Titans need to get pressure on Luck as they did in their first game. Luck managed to complete passes with Titans hanging off him but he's deadly when given a clean pocket. Holding Wayne under 100 yards in receiving, as they did in their first matchup, would go a long way towards giving the Titans a chance. Though the focus will be on slowing Luck and Wayne, the Titans can't overlook Donald Brown who they allowed to run for 161 yards in the last matchup in Indy. He hasn't managed to gain more than 84 in a game since.

The Titans have lost eight of the last nine games in Indy. If the game is close late, the Colts have found a way to win. I felt good about last week's game and don't this one. Since I missed last week, let's hope it happens again.

Attached Files:

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

We'll see if this team has any pride or if they just don't give a F*** anymore. I suspect the latter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I will be at this game in Indy. Should be a good game. That's all I'm hoping for. Won't be upset with a Colts win, because I'm rooting for them to get into the playoffs.

4. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

The Titans will win on Sunday (I am taking the +5.5) and we will end up 7-9 or 8-8 to insure that we not only don't make the playoffs again, but also do not get a good draft pick to help the team. Thus insuring that next year will be another 8-8 season with no playoffs and no good draft pick.

Rinse and repeat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

I would take that spread, too. Titans will play them close, and the Colts are honestly a few miraculous plays away from being a bad football team. I expect a 1 TD game. It's a no-lose situation for me. I get to see the hometown team (Minus all the obnoxious former Colts fans that bailed in 2011) possibly get in the playoffs, or I get to see a Titans win, which is just fine, regardless of the meaningfulness of it.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

egad.jpg

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. nickmsmith

lol. I've let my lack of disgust for the Colts be made public since Manning left. The arrogant fans were hushed, and I buried the hatchet. I used to like the rivalry a lot, But last year was one of my least favorite seasons in memory. It was like Megamind without Metroman. (we were definitely the Megamind in that scenario)

Need the Colts to be good so I can keep my family rivalry up! And I'm rooting for one of us to do well in the Luck era. Luck does not have the same whiney attitude that PM had, and so far he's not a choker. In the Manning era... all the worst to them. And if those POS crap talking fans return in a couple of years... I may start hating them again.

The Texans and Steelers are the sole teams on my most hated list.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I'm still debating on whether or not I should go to this game. I was planning on going all year long since the stadium is only a few blocks from my apt, but now I'm not so sure. Do I really want to be around a bunch of annoying Colts fans if the Titans end up losing? (which is a strong possibility). IDK I guess I will just see how I feel sunday morning, and maybe I will try to get some tix from a scalper or something.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Andrew Luck will evade our pass rushers yet again turning bad plays into positive ones, and we'll fall to these wankers 24 to "who really cares", we're going to lose.

10. nickmsmith

That is what happens when you put a game changing QB onto a pathetic team. Things change, with only one player actually changing. Regardless of who is coaching, who he is throwing to, who is on defense or at RB.

That's what we were hoping Locker would be, but he is not on that level yet. Locker is not the guy that turns a team from 2-14 into contenders, yet. And I don't know if he ever will be. He is the Titans prototypical player.. turn an 8-8 team into an 8-8 team.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar