Titans Crushed by Jaguars 37-7

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

both teams play in the same weather. the jags had three drops, but they're good enough to overcome them. we had at least 5 drops and are not good enough to overcome them.

2. Code

Code Starter

I don't know how you put that loss on the coaching staff. Players failed to make plays. VY was brutal. The offensive line got no push for the running game in the first half when it was needed. Recievers dropped at least five passes. The defensive front got little pressure on Gerrard, and in turn, he picked apart the secondary. We got gashed for big running plays. And special teams dug several holes for us. In short, it was a total anihilation.

To the coaching staff's credit ... they stuck with Young ... kept an offense in place that blew off the scoreboard and tried to make him efficient. He just couldn't get it done. Not surprising for a rookie. But really disappointing since he was so completely overmatched.

Its just one game in a rebuilding season. Just wish it had been a game.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Rashaun Mathis killed us today. Without him (and the other guy who got his 1st career int), we only got beat 24-7. That's much better.:suspect: :grrhee:

4. Fry

andre woolfolk over rashean mathis in the 2003 draft looks like a great pick. nice job floyd.

5. Code

Code Starter

The Oklahoma defense that Rocky Calmus and Andre Woolfolk played on was absolutely dominant. When Floyd took Andre I was thrilled, even knowing that Andre had only one year on the defensive side of the ball at OU.

It didn't work out. Nor did Calmus. Or Meier. Or Nickey.

The team was drafting late, playing for today, let the devil worry about tomorrow. Well, the devil is here ... and eventually ... I think Floyd will have to pay the devil his due.

6. Fry

i liked the calmus pick, and i still think it was a good pick. he was a good linebacker for us who just coudnt stay healthy. he didnt have injury problems in college, so there was no way of knowing.

as for woolfolk over mathis, i wanted charles tillman over both. wouldnt have been as good as mathis but it wouldnt have been as bad as woolfolk. mathis was just as raw as woofolk was because he had gone from safety to corner his senior year.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

It was a stinking game and the rain made it worse!

Why isn't Brandon Jones getting more action his way? He's big and strong and fast. When he catches the ball he looks super athletic. He says that he models his game after T.O.'s so let's give him a chance!

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You give us 31 points and we win this thing. It wasn't all that bad.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

3 big drops...

10. Fry

i guess he really does play like TO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar