Titans cuts on Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Why's everyone making such a big deal out of the Mariani move? He's still getting paid. Classy gesture by the FO if you ask me. Considering he's just a returner and not a WR who also returns we're doing him a favor by keeping him on the team and paying him. I imagine he'll be on the sidelines in Titans gear all season and still be part of the team.
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Exactly.
  3. Ensconatus

Yup. Dudes getting a free ass check that anyone would be grateful to get
  4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

The media has led us to believe he may have been able to practice this week. If nothing else he should have been able to play 2-3 weeks into the season based on what we were hearing.

I'm sure Munchak will address this soon.
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Those guys plus Rusty Smith makes 5 out of 8 guys I think we'll try to practice squad.
  6. Ensconatus

Maybe he didn't feel his leg was ready? Idk I just think we were gonna cut him and we did him the favor of paying him his salary but putting him on IR and leaving the door open for possibly next season.
  7. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I agree that Mariani must have admitted he did not feel like he was ready to play this year, or his other injury was worse than expected. Surely they would have considered PUP if he was going to be able to recover?
  8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Simple. We moved on with a guy we know will be able to play 16 games. Our front office propably didn't want to use a roster spot keeping Mariani until Tuesday and this + the Rusty Smith move will most likely allow us to keep Stephan Charles and Michael Preston on the team.
  9. Ensconatus

Charles already got canned
  10. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

To keep him from Fisher
    • High Five High Five x 2