Titans D after 2 games- good or bad?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

This would be a perfect game to actually play smash mouth and keep their offense off the field.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Gotta make Oakland play our game just like we made Detroit play our game. Don't get into a shoot out with them. Low scoring, ugly game. I'd say the 2 teams are pretty similar. High scoring offenses and bad defenses.

3. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

By no means do I think our defense is "Good", however I'm not going to deny the multiple positives so far this season.

Other than a few big runs in the Lions game, we've shut down the opposing teams run game in the first two of the season, one being AP which was impressive even if we knew what they were planning on doing.

McCourty has shown signs here and there of being a solid corner. He'll of course make a few plays or lack there of I should say that will make you think he's as good as done again, but it's certainly not like watching Blake try to cover someone. Cox was abused yesterday, but at least came up big late.

The big key has been we've been able to shut down he run with out stacking 8 in the box. Our pass coverage has been shaky, but when you can do shut down the run from the beginning and make a team one dimensional from the get go, you're forcing the other team rely only on their passing game, and while our pass defense is extremely shaky, quarterbacks aren't perfect. Ultimately they'll make mistakes just by law of averages, or will just be inaccurate at times, which happened to Shajn Hill, and the big pick from Stafford and multiple over throws.

Now, the big thing our defense is lacking is the big pressure on the QB (I'd be fine with just QB hits at least), and turnovers. We got one to end the game, but we need to have 1-2 during the heart of game to allow us to stick with our offensive gameplan of draining time of possession, and moving the ball with our run game and short-medium range passing game.

4. DaCost

DaCost Starter

This guys are fighters guys like D.jones klug and Blackson are putting up a lot of work especially DJones on first and second down.

Our secondary is getting destroyed but at least they press yesterday.

5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Defense has played great the last two games.. I would like to see our tackling get alot better, and our pass defense increase a notch...

But nonetheless.. on to the next

Time to. #WrecktheCarr

6. Carp

Carp Starter

Strong pass rush and run defense.

It seems we've put teams in 3rd and long consistently, which helps the secondary tremendously. But at the same time, Shaun Hill torched us, and the Lion dropped at least 5 or 6 passes (two of them were 25+ yards downfield).

A bit lucky overall, but I'm impressed with the front 7. Secondary is obviously pretty turrible.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Gotta make Oakland play our game just like we made Detroit play our game. Don't get into a shoot out with them. Low scoring, ugly game. I'd say the 2 teams are pretty similar. High scoring offenses and bad defense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar