Titans DE position is set !!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cutter10, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

I truly understand drafting a DE, but lets not unload the gun on one position, remember when K.Britt went down ? our receivers were shakey at best, our OL seemed to help tackle CJ, our running game did not exist until late in the season, heck, i wouldn't mind if we drafted another RB .

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I wish we would. Unless they are confident that Harper can be the guy, we need another. Ringer is a good guy, but he's not an NFL feature back, and he's not enough of a change of pace from CJ.

I'd like to see a thunder-lightning setup again, like when Lenwhale and CJ were together.

If they think Harper can do it, fine. If not, draft a RB somewhere. There were so many cheap ones (Bush, Jacobs) I almost wish we had gone that route.

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Legarrette Blount would be nice! :sad2:

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nate Washington, Damian Williams, Lavelle Hawkins and Jared Cook had the best seasons of their careers.

Do you watch anything Titans related? Just wondering.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Using 2 out of 7 on one position wouldn't be "unloading the gun" in my opinion.

We managed to win 9 games with the receivers and lineman we had, and we also have five other picks. Plus there's still plenty of time to pick up free agents.

I don't think it is fair to give up on any of our running backs when our offensive line was so bad. Both Ringer and Harper looked good when we were opening up holes last preseason. If we get the line opening up holes, the running backs will be fine.

6. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

Best season of their careers,.... well thats good for them coming into this season, but they were average at best , Hassellbeck threw for about 3,000 yds. yet we all want J.Locker to start, another good WR would only make our current WR better.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Another good defensive lineman would only make our current defense linemen better.

You're not making any sense. This team was 31st in sacks per pass attempt and not only are you totally fine with what we have at DE, but you want to bring in another WR despite having the best group since 2003.

8. wg53

wg53 Starter

No. Not about 3000 yards as he had 3571 yards despite missing some time and Britt. That is the most since 93. More than McNair ever had.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Alright now let's get back to talking about what this thread is about. Wimbley and Morgan are good starters for now, but the Titans have always had good defense, in part, because of the way they rotate players on the d-line. It's the smartest thing a defense can do, IMO, because the big boys fighting in the trenches get tired faster than any other players on the field.

I would like to bring back Ball and Hayes to be rotational guys over Sheppard and Egboh, but drafting a good rookie is essential because Ball is getting older and Hayes will never be as good as we want him to. The rookie could eventually take most of the rotational plays or even take a starting spot. I am hoping Jake Bequette is the guy we go after.

10. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

I'm not giving up on the WR's, i just think a big time WR will be available before a big time DE, and remember, early in the season the Titans had one of the top Defenses in the league, but the offense couldn't stay on the field long enough and the defense wore down, schemes also were a problem for the Titans defense, first time coaches had to get adjusted to personnel, a good DT, WR and OL should be 1, 2, 3 in the draft , after that, find that hidden gem DE thats always there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar