Titans FA assessment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

I think we did better than most might think. Jones alone should be a major upgrade for a pathetic line. We upgraded WR, we added depth with player who know the system on defense at positions we needed help CB and ILB. And to top it off we swapped 4th round picks (13 spots) to get one of the best RB's in the game today... on paper the Jags, Raiders and giants all look to be "the winners" of FA, thing is its all on paper at this point since we don't know if the players they signed will step up or do the "we just got paid" jig.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

RT, CB and the depth position will easily be filled in by depth. We don't need another ILB. Woodyard played great last year and was ranked top 10 as a ILB. Depth maybe, but not starter. Only starters we need are at RT and CB. You can get a quality starter in the first 3 rounds. If we sign Vasquez, I am fine to hold tight until the draft.

3. Titan/Oiler34

I'm going to disagree, we need an ILB who can stuff runs, Woodard is a pursuit LB who chases plays down from the backside and while we need that we also need a guy who can step up and stuff a run in the hole.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

Sounds to me like you're looking for a NT. Yes, we need an upgrade there too.

Fairley is about to sign with the Saints. That leaves only Knighton left.

5. Titan/Oiler34

Yup, we need both really. Not sure wth is going on with Knighton, he's a only a year removed from a very good season. I'm wondering if there isn't something going on with an injury or an off the field situation with him. He was this year's Malick Jackson last year.

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I had to honor a bet that prohibited me from any Titans online communication. I am not on Facebook nor Twitter, so the no Titans online ban hurt like hell. I just completed my time offline.
    Back to business, I cannot see how our offseason can be graded anything lower than a B. We either upgraded or added depth at very position we we targeted in FA (I must admit, I am on the fence about that statement at CB, but time (meaning: if we draft Ramsey in the not so distant future) will tell.

Matt= It's either him or Zack. Either way, if our Oline can keep Marcus upright, neither backup QB will see the field.
    Demarco = Upgrade at RB
    Rishard= Solid #2 WR (Possession)
    Ben= Upgrade at OL
    Sean = Depth at ILB (and he knows Lebeau's system)
    Blake = ****Knows Lebeau's system (disclaimer: he should be on a very short leash, but he has to be better than BWW)

Brice = See info on Blake

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nearly ANY signing was an "upgrade" with our poor roster. We missed on some comparative upgrades with real NFL roster talent. Definite "average" C.

Murray only real upgrade league wise.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

true, but its better than the reclamation projects Webster brought in

having NFL level depth is a vast improvement to 2013-15

TC is always a crap shoot and who knows what these vets look like then.

But right now the roster is much better overall

on a side note anyone hear that lack of a phone ringing?
    that is 'la Vagician''s phone not ringing again today. Just as it will till week 11 or so

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

You buy FA when you think you can compete next year or two. We're two years minimum away from competing for the SB. Might as well save the cap, upgrade the dire positions, get the pieces in place.

Which big FA contract (having perfect information) would you have wanted??

#189 rekirts, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

if that is directed at me that true NT from the jest would have been an upgrade.

instead the Titans resigned that below average in house Woods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar