Titans fire Byner, hire Pola

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How could C.J. second guess the guy who helped him get paid millions. Sure Fisher made a good decision, but that's what he does. I never question his ability to process things that are right in front of him for weeks. It's those spur of the moment mistakes he comes up with, and the inability to be creative that gets me.

Dbc will take ANYTHING and run with it, if it helps Fisher/Collins/Harper.

Why does dbc like all the worst people? I bet he loved Tyrone Calico.

2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

No he's more the Peter Sirmon type.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Not very much correct info in this post. Love Fisher, he's gave me 16 years of competitive entertainment and ALWAYS shields the players that play for him. Collins, I don't like what he brings to the table but absolutely love how he stepped in and helped that 2008 team to 13 wins when no one thought it would have been possible. Harper, I don't like his skills either. I just had his back because I knew he offered more than Rod Hood.
    It's really that simple.
    Calico, never liked him. Ben Troupe, never liked him. Tank Washington, never liked him. They were never better than the guys that played ahead of them and the Titans success wasn't dependent on their performance.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Just to add to that, though I think it was already mentioned... Fred Graves.

I know I've mentioned it a few times already, but I really believe Rod Smith deserves a chance at coaching, and he would be a perfect fit in Dinger's offense, seeing as how Dinger was his WR coach when he first came into the league. But no, we're satisfied with every underachieving WR core we field each year.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the media sometimes comes close too this and JF always blames the players for lack of progression.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well go buy some Clorox, dangit! :irked:

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I call FOUL. Sure, Calico didn't produce, but he did get both of his knees twisted into pretzels in preseason... I don't think you ever come back from that. Pick another example.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher was actually reluctant to play Calico despite him showing a lot of promise.

When he finally did play him, he got Roy Williamsed- then Fish rushed him back from injury, ending his career.

I guess injuries mean you were a bad player, though.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Calico couldn't catch a cold.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Unlike the rest of the receivers on our team aside from Mason?

And he made the tough catch a lot- just would drop a few easy ones. And it was extremely blown out of proportion. He caught most that came his way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar