Titans front office is the worst in the league??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

T-minus 16 hours, 46 minutes to the beginning of two weeks of Reinfeldt bashing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I really wonder how many of our free agents are going to other teams. AH is gone...I just see no way to fix that one. But Collins I thought would be here, and still may, and Fuller needs to be kept. He was too good in the nickel.

3. TitanJeff

I'd love to keep Fuller but he and Carr have to be looking for starting secondary gigs somewhere. If no one bites, then I bet they are signed by the Titans.

I still think Collins is a Titan next season as will be Brandon Jones.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we lose AH, don't re-sign any of our own free agents except Collins, and don't sign any "good" wr or defensive player...

will you be content with that?

just askin...

5. TitanJeff

It depends. If someone overpays for any of our free agents, I don't see anyone departing as essential (except AH). However, there will be some holes to fill. A WR has to be considered as does some depth at CB. I think a run-stuffing DT also has to be targeted. But I'm not willing to overpay for anyone.

The deals Odom, Bell and LaBoy got last season were prime examples of overpaying, IMO.

Reinfeldt will not be signing anyone next week unless it's Haynesworth or Collins. I don't see him bidding for TJ. He'll wait for the top tier players to get signed then address some needs. To me, that's the smart approach.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

BJs really suck hard

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I want BJ's around next season

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm just curious because everyone seems to say the same thing "well we don't want to overpay for him." Well who do you want to overpay for? Just seems to me overpaying seems to be the wave of the future. I was watching ESPN today and some people seem to think were tight wads. So I'm sorta trying to figure out if the Titans are being smart or being cheap. If their being cheap than we can't really expect to win a Superbowl.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we are tightwads. We could have made it last year if it wasn't for our mistakes. so what exactly is your point?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who did the Steelers overpay for on their way to winning a Superbowl?

In fact didn't let go one of the best guards in the game last off-season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar