Titans Future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

But your reasons usually involve "flame wars", and not so much logic or explanation. If you could highlight those parts here, it would be different than usual.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Only because SOME people can not handle the truth.

Unrestricted free agents Restricted free agents Signings/trades

WR Drew Bennett (to Rams)
    WR Bobby Wade (to Vikings)
    DT Robaire Smith (to Browns)
    RB Travis Henry (to Broncos)
    RB Chris Brown (still unsigned)
    OL Zach Piller (to Lions)
    LB Peter Sirmon (retired)
    LB Colby Bockwoldt (to 49ers)
    TE Erron Kinney (still unsigned)
    C Eugene Amano (still unsigned)
    G Jacob Bell (still unsigned)
    DT Randy Starks (still unsigned)

free agents picked up
    LB Ryan Fowler (from Cowboys)
    WR Justin Gage (from Bears)
    LB Gilbert Gardner (from Colts)
    CB Nick Harper (from Colts)
    QB Tim Rattay (from Bucs)
    DB Bryan Scott (from Saints)

Re-signings
    QB Kerry Collins
    TE Ben Hartsock
    DT Rien Long
    S Donnie Nickey
    LB Robert Reynolds
    OT Seth Wand
    LB LeVar Woods

The Titans have lost 2 of their top three WRs to FA and the 3rd may miss most of the season. Their top 2 RBs are gone and in their place you have a high draft pick that didn't do much last season and a reach pick on a back that didn't do much in college. 900 yards in four years isn't much but is an avg that is better than the reach WR the Titans got in the 3rd that had a career total of 1048 yards in 5 years. The Titans main pick this draft was a saftey that only went a little sooner than most expected, but the Titans are messing that up by moving him to CB. But why would the Titans do that. Because the Titans top player on Defense will be sitting out the season for misc. offenses against humanity. But wait, there is more. That same top defensive player was the Titans top return man also. Well guess what, the backup return man is gone too. The Titans lost 2 LBs and their fan favorite Robeast off of the D-line. Don't look now but the Titans are also missing 3 players from last seasons o-line roster. Oh, I know the Titans got some players in the draft, but let me tell you a secret, every other team in the NFL picked players in the draft too.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hilarious! I can understand some mouth-trash from Colts or Jags fans but Texans fans need to come to the realization that their cellar dwelling will be ongoing...

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I love the irony..

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

That's right. Shoot the messenger. The truth hurts doesn't it.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Bennett-love the guy but not irreplaceable
    Wade-had a nice season but again not irreplaceable
    Let's face it Givens wasn't part of our success last year so his not coming back only hurts us in the wallet as opposed to on the field.

There are 4 new WR's on the roster from last season. 3 of them may well be the next Colston.

Pillar-washed up,didn't contribute to last year
    Robaire-didn't do enough to earn a big pay day
    Brown-Unreliable,never lived up to his potential,didn't contribute to last year
    Sirmon-Great attitude but he sadly couldn't cut it after his injury 2 yrs ago
    Bockwoldt-special teamer,no great loss
    Kinney-Couldn't come back from a bad injury,didn't contribute last year

The only player we lost via FA that may well be a problem to replace is Travis Henry. As for Amano,Bell & Starks,there is very little chance that they won't be resigned.The O line is now one of our strengths & we should be able to put any RB behind it & get production out of him.

Fowler at LB is supposed to be a very good player & either he or Tulloch will be an upgrade in the middle.

Rattay is an upgrade as a back up.

No question our biggest loss is #32 but with Harper & Griffin we have at least attempted to fill the hole. Roby & Williams may not be game changers as return men but the return game will be solid.

We don't appear to have moved forward this offseason & as we've seen too many times recently we don't know what we have at RB & WR. It was exactly the same scenario last year & it worked out ok.

We over acheived to go 8 & 8 last year, I see no reason why that or better isn't going to happen this year.VY can't do it on his own but the fact that he'll be an improved player compared to last year is pretty scary in a good way.

Texans comment;

The Texans are slowly making the right roster moves but for me,your O line is still going to be your achilles heal.Schaub is going to be another QB who you ask too much of until you get that line sorted out. Carr had mobility & broke sack records,Schaub's lack of mobility could get him hurt fast. Something you'll have to address without a #2 draft pick next year. I like the trade in principle but with the same O line,it's a recipe for more disapointment in Houston.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Titans will finish ahead of the Texans. That ain't saying much.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

See, overalls? I knew you could do it!

You're overplaying a lot of things, but that's ok. Losing Piller was an upgrade, and Bell will be resigned, and we drafted a guy to replace amano. If there's one thing I'm not worried about, it's the O-line. If there's anything the Texans should be worrying about, well, that's it. When is Kubiak going to get the whole zone blocking thing going? I'm glad you got rid of carr, to give him a chance elsewhere, but come on, 2 second rounders for Schaub? That's a gamble. I like your moves on D the last few years, but I still can't see your O taking you anywhere.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:ha:

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar