Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt confirmed that talks with Keith Bulluck are on hold.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And how many players do you hear say "I want to go to the Titans"?

You it seems with your aversion to wanting to spend money on any player, whether it's a free agent to improve the team, or an older vet to improve reputation.

Neither will the buster 53rd man on our roster.

I know, Gunny. The Titans haven't signed him so it's 100% awesome move since everything they do is correct and should be unquestioned. Tell me your opinion on Fisher again, if he makes the playoffs he should stay if not he should go. Way to take a strong stand there! :ha:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What you want (ie. Madden approach) and what the Titans want (Reality) are completely different.

Rep is irrelevant. Ask Dallas.
    Witherspoon already improves the team, unlike Bulluck he can get on the field.

If they provide an able body during weekly trainings he is more then what Bulluck can do.

Hey, let's cry because your Madden approach doesn't happen. Or let's pretend that Cap management is easy.

Way to live in reality.

3. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

I think everyone needs to stop thinking in a biased perspective. We all love how much KB meant to the organization, and what a good player he was. Unfortunately, he tore his ACL and in all likelihood won't be that player anymore. We have to put aside the thought that he is still a great linebacker. Plus, I think the FO wants to see what they have in their young guys and have more faith in them than an old injured guy. And why not? They have to play the odds and do what's in the best interest of the team.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Godfrey also got paid a lot of money as an injured player the previous season.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I have been a fan for 28 years (I am only 36 years old). In that time, we have 1 Superbowl appearance and NO RINGS!!!! I am tired of the lets show players respect talk. These guys are millionaires. True, when their contracts are up, we do offer crackhead contracts conpared to other teams. However, they dont miss us when they leave to another city. If Keith wasnt hurt, he would have left us on March 1st. I love this team more than any one individual. This is the year that we hold the GM, coaches, and players accountable. John Wooden said, "Never mistake activity for achievement."

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

LMAO. Let's talk reality. Your on a rant against me because 1) I often disagree with you and call you out and 2) you are butthurt because last offseason Bulluck said he won't re-sign with the Titans because they won't OFFER him a contract.

Your initial post calls me a hypocrite because I want to re-sign Bulluck to a one-year deal that doesn't effect our salary cap since there isn't one. Care to explain how that makes me a hypocrite because in my posting history there have been expensive free agents I want to sign? Oh wait, it doesn't make me a hypocrite. You just see my post and want to start smack talk with me.

Let's see, my "madden" strategy, lmao. I guess the 2010 Jets are a "madden" team. Or the 2010 Redskins. Somehow wanting to re-sign Bulluck, a longtime vet who was injured last year is "madden" strategy? What a joke Gunny, get some new material.

Let me tell you about Dallas reputation. A large market franchise with 5 superbowl victories. An owner that WILL pay players large contracts. Damn, I'd hate to play there, let me play for a small market franchise where I'd have less opportunity for outside revenue and where they'll completely disrespect me as a player, possibly publicly. You are clueless when it comes to reality. And before you even start in on this I'll state it for you: Money trumps reputation. But reputation IS a factor. Like I said, no (or barely any) free agent ever says "I want to play for the Titans".

And Cap Management IS a very easy concept. It's sad if you think its that complicated. Damn take a statistics or advanced math class. If you can make a multi-year budget you know the basics of how a salary cap works. Now it is not truly EASY as there are many intricacies for manipulation, but it is NOT overly complicated beyond the realm of understanding, as you'd like to suggest.

Reality- ZERO playoff wins since 2003. A coach that excels at 8-8. Get off Fisher and managements NUTS and try to think for yourself on occasion.

Of course you'll be back to slamming any poster with an independent thought that doesn't equal the exact moves the Titans make. And then you can dog our most respected Titan players, the ones that are community leaders, because they state reality "I won't be re-signing with the Titans, they won't offer me a contract." And of course you can continue your reign as the King of Hindsight since you never have an opinion on upcoming draft choices or free agents. Then you can point out everytime someone was wrong about a draft choice or free agent signing and pat yourself on the back like you actually knew any different.

And I'll let you get back to that.

/end rant

7. Alex1939

Name another franchise that has disrespected its players as much as the Titans.

If we EVER want to sign free agents with even a small discount then we need to build our niche and regain some cred. Otherwise we will forever have to outbid ANY other franchise that wants a player.

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Eddie left us for Dallas.

9. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Again a good point but...Consider the Patriots; they are notoriously a use em' dump em' type of franchise. They do have more appeal to veterans than us because of their reputation and veterans' desire to go out on top and have a chance at winning a championship. We don't have that.
    Receivers as well avoid two teams; the Bears and us. They know Jeff Fisher ball as well as anyone else and know that you're not going to get many opportunities in our Offense.
    I think DLine guys though look to get a shot here; they know if they come to Nashville they can tweak their game to higher levels.
    I agree that we could bolster our reputation to attract higher quality free agents but vehemently disagree that we are the worst franchise in that regard. I don't know if money is the end all be all to increase our attractiveness; I think a reputation for winning would trump that and attract the right kind of free agent.

10. Alex1939

^

The Patriots traded for Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. You couldn't even do that in Madden!

I agree with you about a reputation of "winning". A few superbowl wins would negate much (or all) of our bad player treatment cred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar