Titans going DB???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I'm basing this off of the 3 games I've seen him play and scouting reports. I watched the PSU game and both LSU games he covered the #1 WR and Barron would play in the box or over the top to help Menzie who was talented in his own right but obviously not on the level of Kirk. Shut down Reuben Randall both games and PSU receivers.

First you need a trade partner then you need to get equal or better value back. D-line is very deep and will still have plenty of talent DT anyway rounds 2-3. I like Akiem Hicks later. Jenkins is likely off our board.

We lost a starter in Finny. Therefore unless the FO is sold on Hawkins or Campbell whoever we draft has a high probability to be a starter since NB and CB are essentially on the field the same amount of plays.

JayRon Hosley who by the way failed a drug test

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Wellll I took it waaay wrong then lol. My bad.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This confirms we won't take a corner in the first...

Seriously though we have no idea who will be available when our pick comes up to give any indication what we want.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The problem with going off of those three games is that neither offense had a QB who scared anyone. I'd sellout against the run too, regardless of who my corners were.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think our needs go (on the defensive side of the ball):

DT > DE > CB > LB

In terms of overall needs, C is high on that list but I wouldn't spend a pick on a C until the 3rd at the earliest. Preferably a 4th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I dunno, I suppose at the end of the day I just want a day one starter who will make a positive impact in the first round. Considering all the areas of need on the team I'd be happy if we just got a good player regardless of the position they play. I still have my fingers crossed for Hightower/Mercilus/Perry/Barron but whatever.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think we're going to get a good Football player.

Cox, Ingram, Coples & Barron are pipe dreams. If we want WR, so is Blackmon & Floyd.

Brockers, Poe, Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Mercilus, Perry, Still, Worthy, Upshaw, Stephen Hill, Kendall Wright, Branch, Jones.

We'll have our pick of that litter.

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Titans going DB ?!?! YAY! One of my prayers have been answered.

Titans haven't drafted a stud d-linemen since Kearse THE FIRST YEAR AS THE TITANS! I dont trust their evaluation team when it comes to pass rushers anymore! (KVB was a FA)

Not to say they've had many stud DB's, Woolfolk and Pac-Man blaw but still ...

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really don't want to go DL in the 1st round unless it's Brockers or Coples.

10. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Yeah I can't argue with you there but he still did his job.

Webster said something about finding a starter at center late as a possibility so I think we definitely wait until round 4 or later. Hopefully Molk or Blake is available.

Different FO is in place now so I think the only draft we can base them off of is last years class.

Or Poe :brow: I like Upshaw too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar