Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans interested in hiring Gregg Williams (now hired)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jan 26, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,596
    They did
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,596
  3. Riverman Raise the Wrath

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,566
    I believe this is a really good thing for D-player and fan morale. I hope it translates into some significant improvement in our defensive performance.

Interesting his title is "associate head coach-defense" rather than assistant. This is an unusual "chain-of-command" structure. I don't foresee any problems unless Williams or Gray have a disagreement in front of the team or that goes public.
  4. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,584
    Both are happy as hell to have a job this coming season lol. (if it happens)

They will be best friends and work together
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,031
    I doubt there will be any problems since they've worked together in Buffalo.
  5. Psychop1 Big Tee

Washington
    Moolah:
    $4,754
    Sounds like a "You can't steal him to be your DC" chain of command. Does this pan out to be above DC? Kind of sounds like we'd end up with two head coaches, one for offense and one for defense, who then have coordinators under them... Yeah, very weird.
  6. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,596
    You know... That wouldn't be a bad way to set some teams up tho. I think it's obvious that munch is in "head command chair" but he's keeping williams mighty close.
  7. ColtKiller Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $4,055
    Gd forbid we hire someone who hasn't worked for the team before. This FO makes me sick. Just a circle jerk.
  8. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,872
    My bad, thank you.

So the 32nd ranked team in scoring defense returns it's coordinator, secondary coach. D-line coach. Pass rush coach and quality control guy. So everybody who failed comes back.
    nbtoppers2 and Titans Eternal high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,891
    Extra Extra Read All about it!