Titans Looking For a Kicker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 17, 2013.

?

What should the Titans do at kicker?

1. Keep Bironas

70.4%
  2. Sign a free agent

18.5%
  3. Draft a kicker

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Bironas was solid for us last year, even after missing a few kicks. He has been a great kicker for us for the past seven years.. I'd hate to see him go before he's done. He has a bit left in the tank, sign him for 2-3 more years.

Oh God I'd hate to see Nate Kading here..
  3. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

With our offense we need someone that can make long kicks. Rob didn't even kick above 50% on kicks 40+, that's unacceptable if we're trying to improve and win close games.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Hopefully we won't have to use him as much as Field Goal Fisher did. He use to be the Eddie George of fg kickers. With that said, I'd sign him to a 2 deal, but I would bring in 2 "undrafted" and/or journeymen kickers to training camp healthy competition. Normally some teams start camp with 2 kickers, but since Kern is a lock at punter, I'd bring in a 3rd. Rob has been to inconsistent to not let him go through training camp without stiff competition. Keep the best kicker. However, I would not waste a draft pick on a kicker. No way, no how.
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Yea I'd re-sign Bironas for another 2 years
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

LOL @ Field Goal Fisher.... A Rams fan asked me what to expect with Fisher. I responded with: "Well, I hope you like watching field goals. No one likes going for field goals more than Jeff Fisher."
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Bironas is not the kicker he once was. Ill just leave it that
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No to Bironas and Kaeding. Find one of the young kickers out there like the Ravens, Vikings, and Rams did.
  9. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

This squad has many other pressing holes and does not need to waste a draft pick on a kicker this year. Is Kaeding really that much of a upgrade over Bironas? The Niners elected to cut him for one of the worst kickers in the league last year in David Akers, during the post season/superbowl when they "realllly" needed a kicker at the time.

Just keep Bironas around a few more years, it's not like we're going to lose many games because of him. He isn't making or breaking this team at the current moment; the special teamers don't need to be addressed until 2015 or so once this team hopefully turns a corner.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Yurp. He's starting his down turn unfortunately.