Titans May Execute Offer Sheet for Packers CB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans may be close to extending an offer sheet for Packers CB Jarrett Bush. “We are still talking and expecting something in writing soon,” agent Derrick Fox said. Since Bush entered the league as an undrafted free agent, the Titans would not owe the Packers any compensation if they signed Bush to an offer sheet and Green Bay chose not to match. The tender for Bush is $1.01 million. The Titans also remain interested in Justin Miller and Eric Green who both visited last week. Chris Carr continues to visit teams but the Titans are hopeful they can sign him as well.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I don't see what the big love affair is with any of these guys. Most will be lucky to be with a team next season. Waste of effort when time and money can (could) of been spent better elsewhere.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

yeah, this one just doesn't sit well with me

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I'm generally pretty cluey about the guys on other teams' rosters (not necessarily their quality, but just who they are), and Bush isn't a name I'm really familiar with at all. I'm surprised the Titans seem so taken by him, but they've seen more than I have, and they've obviously had a chance to talk to him and see what he's about, and apparently they like what they hear.
    His career stats don't reveal much - three years, 46 games, one start... zero picks but a whole slew of tackles would make me assume he sees most of his time on special teams. Personally, I'd much rather Leigh Bodden. :hmm:

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Keep in mind what we're looking for, though... a replacement for Eric King and a potential replacement for Carr. Bush would be a decent backup, although I think we could get one in the draft, too. Miller is the big one - he's at least as good as Carr at CB, and he's a probowl kick returner. If Carr signs elsewhere Miller would be a great replacement.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is objectionable about getting this guy?

We have 3 holes in our CB depth from last year. King to the lions-reynaldo-carr.

Would you rather have reynaldo? If he is better than reynaldo we gained something.

Great move i think.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He actually has one pick thank you very much

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Im not crazy about this guy but for some reason i wouldnt be suprised if this guy turned out to be a solid player, beacuse this looks like a typical MR signing. Low risk, high upside.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Need Miller if Carr leaves though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar