Titans @ N.Y. Jets OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TennesseeTitans, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenkz

Jenkz Who seen da leprachaun?

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Mouton should be benched/cut.

Dinger should be benched for failure to call plays in anticipation of the blitz that everyone watching the game knew was coming on 3rd and long. That is the difference in a great QB/offense and ours...recognition of the blitz and an audible/checkdown...we did none of that.

Our secondary is still suspect and will not lead us to a winning season.

I would not be surprised to come out of Jax with a loss and us playing solely for some pride...

Collins made two horrible throws for INTs and our WRs dropped passes that they should have made.

Pathetic loss...not a good team...right now if we can go 9-7 I am going to call it success.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Fall to 0-3 as Jets Win 24-17

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans could not overcome two costly turnovers by rookie Ryan Mouton in a 24-17 loss to the New York Jets in the Meadowlands. After a 10-play 73-yard opening drive for a TD by the Jets. Mouton fumbled the kickoff resulting in a 14-0 lead for the Jets after a Sanchez to Hartsock two-yard score. A Sanchez fumble allowed the Titans to drive the football 55-yards for their first score. The Titans were able to take the lead in the third quarter when Kerry Collins drove his team 60-yards on seven plays with a nine-yard TD pass to Nate Washington. But another Mouton fumble on a punt return resulted in the Jets taking a 21-17 lead which was later added to with a 30-yard FG by Jay Feely. Titans RB Chris Johnson had 97 yards on 22 carries and LenDale White added 27 more on seven carries along with a TD. Collins was 15-for-37 for 170 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. The Titans take their 0-3 record to Jacksonville next Sunday to play the 1-2 Jaguars.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

'D' keeps Jets unbeaten, Titans winless (AP)

[​IMG]

After looking vulnerable for the first time this season, the New York Jets' top-ranked defense came up big in the end. David Harris had an interception and a big sack on consecutive drives, and Mark Sanchez threw two touchdown passes and ran for another as the Jets stayed undefeated by holding on for a 24-17 victory over the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

Link to full article

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Ouch..... again

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wow! as a QB all you can do is put the ball where your guys can get it. I counted at least 4 drops in the 2nd half. Screw it, I don't care, put Vince Young in and let's see if he can be our QB of the future. I am very disappointed in this team, all phases. This is the 3rd game we've been outcoached already.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

2 ints from Collins. What sucks is he is giving fuel to the bench collins thread.

8. rockshow

rockshow Camp Fodder

This team is dismal. In all phases. We're worse than the Lions

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I was at work all day up here in Cinci... so, aside from the final score, I didn't know anything about the game.

All I can say is... it's not a good thing when 3+ hours after the game I was unable to get on. Frustration, I guess? :ha:

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Looks like another 2-3 years of rebuilding after this season. We had our shot last year and choked worse than a cheap prostitute. Say bye to veteran leaders after this season, we aren't going to pay them a cent as usual. Welcome back to 2004-2006. F'ing ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar