Titans need more "Swagger"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Looking at the Titans roster, no one is upset as they should be that the team has the worst record in football the past 2 years. I understand they might not want to show it, but we need someone to just light a fire and start holding people accountable. If you think that it's "unprofessional" then you simply don't understand the competitive nature of sports.

The players that some of you want us to stay away from like Josh Norman, Cam Newton, Richard Sherman, Steve Smith Sr, Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham Jr, etc. all have the "losing in unacceptable" attitude and I think thats another component the Titans are missing. Taylor Lewan might make a handful of boneheaded plays but at least he plays with the most passion I've honestly seen on a Titans team since Keith Bulluck, which is sad because we have absolutely ZERO people on defense who play with a chip on their shoulder.

You would think that guys like Orakpo, Jurrell Casey, and McCourty who have the most talent on our defense would play with a fire but the only ones I see who play with a real swagger like that every game are the ROOKIES Kevin Byard & Tajae Sharpe.

[As much as a like Mariota, even quiet people like Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins still turn the switch on during game day]

I would just like to see a more competitive Titans team. What do you guys think about this?

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Boring Boring x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Considering how close our games as been, competitiveness isn't the problem (thus far)

• High Five High Five x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Obligatory

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

People just get complacent with losing and it becomes their way of life. I would also think that these guys think of it as a job and not so much a competitive sport. They are competing though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Been saying this for years

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Titans need more Swagger? They need to post a winning season first.

7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

remember when the Seahawks hired Pete Carroll, Pete Carroll brought an energy that turned that team around even after a terrible season.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Swagger without wins makes them look stupid.

Start winning and we will see more swagger.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Even Zimmer started out with a losing record his first year. Look at where they are two years later. Not saying that will happen, but who wouldn't take some tough losses this year if that's where things were to head.

10. Shane_mcmurdo

Shane_mcmurdo Starter

Titans need a lot of things. IF swagger is on there, it's nowhere near the top. I'll take talent, specifically at WR and CB, a new HC, a new OC, an owner with a grasp on reality, more supportive fans, a home win against someone OTHER than jaxonville, and a good draft pick from the Rams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar