Titans New 3-4 D with Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Look at the top defenses in the league. Three out of the top six defenses are 4-3.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Depends on how you rank the defenses... ppg? ypg?

Here's my top 10:

3-4:
    49ers
    Texans
    Cowboys
    Steelers
    Cardinals
    Ravens

4-3:
    Seahawks
    Bears
    Vikings
    Falcons

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

1 Seattle Seahawks
    2 San Francisco 49ers
    3 Houston Texans
    4 Dallas Cowboys
    5 Pittsburgh Steelers

Those are the leaders as of right now on NFL.com by yards allowed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

You guys would love Rex, he knows how to get it done. I'm not sure how the Jets lost so much talent but their Oline is horrible, they have no run game, no receivers and then when they lost their best offensive and defensive player for the year, it sealed their fate.

He took that team to two AFCC in his first three years and he didn't do it with smoke and mirrors. His attacking defense works.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So only one 4-3 team... exactly my point.

Literally the only good 4-3 defenses I can even think of are the Bears and Seahawks. Giants... yea - except the only reason they're good is because they have three top 10 DEs. They'd probably be even better as a 3-4 defense.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So you're the only other person on the board who knows that there isn't some magical affect that standing up that fourth guy has on a defense?

The name of the game is pressure. Doesn't matter how you get it, but it has to be done. If you get it with four guys like the Giants or Titans when their defenses were tops in the league that's great. If you do it with a zone blitz like the Steelers and Ravens that's great too.

The fact of the matter is Derrick Morgan isn't very good and Kamerion Wimbley was a bargain bin pickup. Better defensive linemen would make this system look a lot better. Of course I don't think the guys we have are being used very well either, but that's a whole different argument.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The 4th guy standing brings confusion. Especially if you have 2 OLBs that can blitz as well as cover. The QB doesn't know which side the pressure is coming from. On top of that the size of the three down lineman are a lot different so it gives different match ups. It's not just one single guy standing up. Not that simple at all.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Mingo has to be dropping this year. He has 1 sack for -2 yards. Against Towson State.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

We have the personnel on the team to make an easy tranisition in the offseason. Like someone else said this just aint working. A big problem has been Morgan's complete lack of pass rush, he is very good against the run though ====== 3-4 DE.
    My vote would be to pick up Star at all costs. A true NT that demands a double team every time is key to the 3-4.

I would love Rex Ryan as coach, he gets a team fired up.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I based mine on NFL.com stats whick go by yards allowed, I believe.

Personally, I prefer the 3-4 but that doesn't mean it's a superior scheme. It's all about the talent, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar