Titans "not trustworthy"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...c-cole_johnson_should_not_trust_titans_081411

Agree and Disagree a lot with this article, especially disagree with the writer taking Finnegan's side.

However, I label this as exhibit A1 that the reputation exists that the Titans are cheap and do not take care of their own.

The best zinger (against us):

"When it comes to contracts, the Titans win constantly. They browbeat and batter players into bad deals, or simply use up players and then discard them in a display of utter disrespect."

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Every team in the league uses up players and discards them. I don't see how that part is at all relevant to the article.

The Titans definitely are tough negotiators a lot of the time, but then they give gigantic contracts to players like Kerry Collins and Matt Hasselbeck. They are tough to figure out.

3. Alex1939

Relevant no, Good zinger yeah.

We are tough to figure out, but I think we've lost the public relations battle.

I guess it's debatable on what that really costs us.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

never gonna win the PR thing anyway.

Titans are ignored for All-Pro then when they are UFAs all of a sudden they become good in the national press when they sign on the east coast. Then they fade away, Mason and 1 year of McMVP the big exceptions. Fisk did ok in SD and I guess Runyon did good. Really can't think of any others the did even slightly better than average. FWIW Fisk and Runyon both choose too leave Nashville with contracts similar too the ones they signed for.

When other clubs do the exact same thing, Farve/GB vs McMVP/Tennessee, the media plays it 180 degrees different.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The article is sad, but true.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Trustworthy or not CJ has no other options for 2-3 years

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As opposed to The Raiders and Skins? How's that working out?

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You say that like you actually think the Titans aren't going to give him a new deal before week 1. Do you really see that as a possibility?

9. Alex1939

I just really want to achieve a reputation that when they best players become free agents they say "I want to go to Tennessee".

Aint happening without championships, but the negative perception (or reality) doesn't help.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

I just think a lot of people sympathized with the Packers situation more because they had been dealing with not knowing for years. Also it helps they proved themselves correct and won a championship.

Looks like if we had re-signed McNair and had to dump the rest of the team and play scrubs... I guess we would miss some of those exciting VY moments. Either way, no titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar