Titans "not trustworthy"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Un-named sources are always solid. :rolleyes:

2. Mr.biggums

They offered Haynesworth 4 year/ 34 million..........which was their FINAL OFFER. That means they possibly initially offered Albert LESS money than they did KERRY COLLINS.

That is low-balling at it's finest.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

In hindsite, assuming your numbers are correct, that would have been vastly overpaying for Fat Albert.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is going to blow up in the Titans face soon if something isn't worked out. I initially thought this holdout was all C.J., but I'm now thinking management has more to do with it.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I hope not..he just isn't worth it

6. Mr.biggums

Once again. Redskins have been dysfunctional for the last 20 years. Unwise to evaluate the effort on that team, if you could even call it a "team". At least Albert had Washburn here.

Titans low-balled him plain and simple. it wasn't about the money because he could have had a higher contract at Tampa Bay. When the Titans low-balled him, he bailed. It's almost disrespectful to pay him on the same scale of a Kerry Collins.

Environment makes all the difference. See Randy Moss in Oakland and in New England.

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

But look at the cost of living and quality of life in Nashville, TN versus DC, Oakland, Tampa, etc.

No state income tax, low real estate costs, light traffic....on and on daily expenses are cheaper. Adjusted.....$10M a year in DC is worth a lot less than TN.

Trust me, I'm transplanted from California....It's a lot cheaper to live here.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

People keep saying he's not worth it, but I don't think they are accounting for the recent changes i.e. the new CBA. FA's will start costing more money because they will start seeking the money that was originally allocated for draft picks. In a couple years, $13 million a year may seem like a bargain. To keep this in perspective, Young was signed in '06 for roughly $58 million. Locker signed for roughly $12 million.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that is a point, but I don't see many RBs making that scratch. They are draft em, use'em like you stole'em, rinse and repeat.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Most all backs, yes, but I have said before. CJ is a "generational" talent. Not a track guy playing football, but a football player with legit world class track speed. He is different than any back I can remember, and I am over 50. Look he knows he is not getting QB money, but he should clearly be paid way more than some of the recent contracts like Williams, 5 years 43 + million. Is he better than AP, I don't even worry about that, its like trying to decide between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini, both are great at what they do, its just what you like. When it is all said and done I think he will get more like DE money, look at some of the contracts those guys have signed and can you honestly say that CJ doesn't do more than any of those guys.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar