Titans Reach Agreement with G Scott

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Nice signing.

So... we should have a countdown thread until the first day of free agency in 2009 is over; we can call it "The Countdown until reactionaries want to fire Mike Reinfeldt" thread.

It's funny after last year you'd have thought these boys would have learned to take a few deep breaths before throwing the "chicken little switch". But really, in judging from the past you know these poor, silly twats' panties will be bunched the moment the Titans don't sign some second tier wideout to first tier money.

Sorry guys, if the truth hurts, but after making us, your fellow GoTitans members wade through your posted histrionics for the past week plus, you guys certainly deserve a little nad busting.

Thanks for the laughs... see ya next year (same time/same channel... no doubt).

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

suddenly I don't miss bell so much.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Now that the initial frenzy is over, it's time for us to swoop in and start signing players to fair deals. I'm looking forward to the next week.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Interesting, could Hadnot be signed up next?

Wilson still intrigues me as well, I hope he signs.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

At this point, MR is a "C +". I can only trust that the Scott signing was truly a value deal because he signed for less than Bell. The D-line still isn't fixed and the O only has received Gage and Crumpler as far as "play-makers".

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

We are still lacking a #1 wideout in nashville people. who is that going to be cause there isn't anyone outhere??

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Whoa whoa whoa.....

Ok, first, this is a good signing because it fixes a need.

But for everyone immediately praising MR.... Why did we not just re-sign Bell if all it was going to cost was an extra million a year? Do you all really think Scott is this big of an upgrade? Was that extra one million/year ever going to be the cap breaker for us?

ALSO.... clearly we aren't relying on Amano and Harris to take over with this deal in place. So what was up with that BS? Guess one of them takes over for Olsen and maybe the other one starts at C once Mawae retires? I still don't like the BS that "oh we are fine because Amano and Harris will start".

Glad about this deal, would've rather retained Bell. Think this deal is a little high on the $$$ side for Scott. I've never thought MR sucks, but this signing hasn't improved my diminishing opinion of him, much.

9. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

well atleast he did something, i mean cmon we woulda been stuck with some sub par backups if we didnt get someone. It has been a well known fact that the colts had one of the best o-lines in football for many many years. Yes much of this has to do with Saturday but Scott also played a role. I think he fits in well to the equation and hopefully this will allow us to draft some of our other needs and takes away from using a top 4 round draft pick on a guard

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:applause:

I agree many posters' criticism has been premature and they were incorrect in extrapolating the Titans FA season would reflect the first week, HOWEVER, there are still many holes left to fill and MR HAS missed some opportunities by erring on the fiscally conservative side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar