Titans Run Game Sputtering

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After three consecutive 100-yard games, LenDale White and the Tennessee Titans run game has sputtered the past two games. White rushed for 54 yards combined in back-to-back losses to Jacksonville and Denver, averaging 2.6 yards per carry. In both games, the Titans have had to abandon the run because of falling behind. But the Titans never established the run early in either contest. "We haven't gotten a lot going and that has put a lot more on (QB Vince Young)," Chris Brown said. "The way we have been passing the last couple of weeks, though, hopefully that will get the eighth guy out of the box and we can run it a little better."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

....not sure how it sputtered....we never had nything of substance since week one.....

even when lendale was gettin his 100 yard games....he was averagine horrible yards per carry....like in the 2s/3s.......is it really that hard to get 100 yards when u get 30 carries??

3. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

The answer is.....BRING BACK EDDIE! He played every game (unlike Brown),
    he was never suspended (unlike C. Henry or T. Henry), he was a great RAH RAH guy, AND I'd bet his legs are fresher than any of our running backs.
    His yards per carry average was just as sound as LenDale's, and with a decent fullback blocking we won FAR more than we lost.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Doesnt Denver have one of the worst rush D's in the league?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Tungtide, my heart is with you man (and I would be ecstatic if I am proven wrong here), BUT, bringing back Eddie is not the answer. Eddie was a great RB and team leader, but I don't think that he has any gas left in the tank.

There are really no RB's available now that we could really use (if Dillon wouldn't go back to NE earlier this year, he will not come here), so I think that we have to continue to ride the LenWhale/Brown bus until Henry comes back. At that point, if we are still in the playoff picture, we need to blend in Henry if (when) Brown gets hurt again. If we are out of the picture at that point, I think we sit LenWhale down and give Henry his chance in the sun to show what he can do. Based on the outcome of that, we may have to go back to the draft well (for a 3rd consecutive year). My personal opinion is that Henry will be the future here, but only time will tell.

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

If Eddie came back idk what I'd do. I mean we all know he has nothing left but seeing him one more time would bring back so many memories

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Lets call Warren Moon while were at it.

8. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Is White Shoes still in playin shape

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Starting RB Michael Turner....sounds good huh? :grrhee:

10. lmao michael turner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar