Titans Should Cut Britt - Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

lets not call britt our best receiver or compare him to johnson or allen. that is silly.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

so far britt has been anything but consistent and with his legal history and injuries, paired with cooks comments about the team, beginning of being a cancer, and his own inconsistency we could get better talent possibly in the draft or FA
  3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I think that we should keep Britt, but we should bring in some competition to make him step up. He can play Pre Madonna with us bc we don't have a choice. He would be a 3rd WR in Atlanta hands down. To be honest we don't have a true 2nd WR on our team. Truth be told, I would love to see Cook line up as the 2 WR sometimes. All I'm saying is that he is bound to f up or get injured sometime this season. We just need a sure fire back up plan, or cut bait and save 9 million.
  4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I was never talking about the players consistency but rather the FO building around the pieces we have in place so the team can become familiar and develop an identity.
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

Cook has the best hands on our team. To get rid of him would be stupid and he would be picked up in a heart beat and would be a dominant TE for someone else. Same goes for Britt (if he could stay healthy)
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I knew when KW was drafted that the Titans did not see a future for Britt here.
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

They prolly didnt see him being an ineffective WR either.
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Hey, at least he plays most games lol
  9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

Britt played 14 games this year. One of those games missed was due to his suspension. So he managed to stay pretty healthy without reinjuring his knee again.
  10. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Preston has the size to be a true no 1 reciever. Hes built more like Randy Moss than megatron or Britt, but that could work. He looked pretty talented when I saw him practice at Baptist this preseason. Cut Hawkins and give Preston a shot. Keep Kenny for a year and see what happens... Give Cook a contract, he's too valuable to loose. More importantly, get a franchise qb!