1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Titans sign Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

If Fitzpatrick qualifies as a "#1" that means any QB who has been a starter counts. Dude got released with no other legitimate QB on the roster. Buddy Nix lamented about Fitzpatrick to Mark Dominik.

Nix also says of Fitzpatrick: "We just can't afford to pay that kind of money for a guy who's fighting for probably a backup job."
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

I don't know who GTFO my pankacz is whom just hi-fived my post, but absolutely my favorite new poster on this forum.
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I'm actually anxious to see what he can do with us. It's just odd that he got a huge contract, and then gets released in such short time.
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

during preseason when they had that open competition? That was clearly Hass.
  5. Alex1939

I agree... I have high hopes for GTFO my pankacz
  6. GLinks

GLinks Titans on the Rise

I like the Fitzpatrick signing alright. I recommended getting him as a backup before he got that big deal. If you look at the remaining QBs out there, Fitz is the most desirable, to me. Only one I thought might have suited us better at one point is Alex Smith. I'm talking about reasonable expectations here, mind you.

If that deal is for around $4.5M per, then we replaced Hass with a younger guy who can actually win a few games for a while, and saved a millie or so. I'd be down with that.

Anything more on the pay scale, and I will start clenching.
  7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

No it wasn't.....
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

um

I seem to remember Locker not doing anything to stand out and the only reason people could make an excuse for him to start is because he was the young guy.
  9. Alex1939

FAKE ASS FAN IMO
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

I'm sooooooo stoked about this signing...

Mark my words, Fitzpatrick will be starting on this team before week 6. He played on a TERRIBLE team in Buffalo and it drug him down, the dude can sling it and he's smart as hell. Great Signing IMO best of this offseason.