Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans sign Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Mar 18, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,501
    If Fitzpatrick qualifies as a "#1" that means any QB who has been a starter counts. Dude got released with no other legitimate QB on the roster. Buddy Nix lamented about Fitzpatrick to Mark Dominik.

Nix also says of Fitzpatrick: "We just can't afford to pay that kind of money for a guy who's fighting for probably a backup job."
    Scarecrow high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    I don't know who GTFO my pankacz is whom just hi-fived my post, but absolutely my favorite new poster on this forum.
  2. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,699
    I'm actually anxious to see what he can do with us. It's just odd that he got a huge contract, and then gets released in such short time.
    afcsouthdom high fives this.
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,453
    during preseason when they had that open competition? That was clearly Hass.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    I agree... I have high hopes for GTFO my pankacz
    GTFO my pancakz high fives this.
  4. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $681
    I like the Fitzpatrick signing alright. I recommended getting him as a backup before he got that big deal. If you look at the remaining QBs out there, Fitz is the most desirable, to me. Only one I thought might have suited us better at one point is Alex Smith. I'm talking about reasonable expectations here, mind you.

If that deal is for around $4.5M per, then we replaced Hass with a younger guy who can actually win a few games for a while, and saved a millie or so. I'd be down with that.

Anything more on the pay scale, and I will start clenching.
  5. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $673
    No it wasn't.....
  6. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,453
    um

I seem to remember Locker not doing anything to stand out and the only reason people could make an excuse for him to start is because he was the young guy.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    FAKE ASS FAN IMO
  7. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,036
    I'm sooooooo stoked about this signing...

Mark my words, Fitzpatrick will be starting on this team before week 6. He played on a TERRIBLE team in Buffalo and it drug him down, the dude can sling it and he's smart as hell. Great Signing IMO best of this offseason.